Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Happy With Pet Derby!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
It has been a full week (7 days) of trying to compete in the derby,In those 7 days I think it was around maybe 5 to 6 times that I accually made it to a race .Some thing is Very wrong about the derby.First of all if you are asked to go the arena and nothing happens you Should get some thing it is not my fault that other players decline!!And it should not take 20 min to 2 hours to get to run a race !! The reason I am saying this is I want to get the (Derby) potion of my pet"s offsring Built up and it seems like it is dam near impossible.I am a good Paying costumer do some thing about this .I have been through all 80 or so pages of pet issuses ,there are other players complaining about this same thing ,but not one thing has been done ????

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Many have had similar experiences. I believe the problem is that not many players do the races.

There are several reasons not many race (IMHO)

1) The rewards are small to insignificant
2) Free members can't race
3) It is expensive for Crown members to race (especially with so few racing opportunities.

The lower your pet is raised the more likely you will get into a race. I have a teen pet that I can usually get into a race in under half an hour.

Hope this helps

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I always raise my pet to teen, then race. If I raise it to adult, it takes longer. And at ancient, it seems nearly imposible to get in a race.

When I raise my pets to teen to race, I can get to pet veteran from scratch in a couple of hours. You also have a decent chance of winning because unless a pet has a really great talent they will not be much faster than you.

Hope this helps, Diana BlueThorn