Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

K.I please explain this

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
K.I. Staff has many times said that everything in the crown shop is available for gold or drops.

But for some time now there have been things added to the crown shop that are only available for crowns.

The latest of these are the Pegasus mounts. Even the version that only sticks around for a short time is crowns only.

I would very much love to hear from K.I. as to why after advertising that everything in the crown shop is also available as drops or for gold, there are so many things that AREN'T. And I would like to know when, K.I. will either change their official stance and admit that they do have stuff that can only be bought for crowns or else put their money where their mouth is and make everything in the crown shop available for gold or as drops as has been stated in the past.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
KingsIsle has never stated that everything bought by Crowns can also be gotten BOTH by drops AND by gold. They did state that all equippable items (which would include Housing, Pets, and Mounts) are dropped by some enemy or enemies.

Because KingsIsle is a business, and frequent drops of items that they ordinarily sell would be bad for business, the percentage of the time that Crowns items (other than the temporary mounts) drop is very low. I've been playing actively for well over a year, and I've gotten exactly three Crowns equipment drops. But it is possible, albeit unlikely.

I don't know what enemy drops the Pegasus. It's possible that it hasn't been programmed in yet----the developers are very busy. I would imagine that it will be a high-level boss, possibly in Wintertusk or one of the optional Legendary instances.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
colagada wrote:
KingsIsle has never stated that everything bought by Crowns can also be gotten BOTH by drops AND by gold.

Drops OR gold (or both) and yes, they have. They've stated it in an official post and then KI employees have repeatedly reposted that link and restated it.

colagada wrote:
They did state that all equippable items (which would include Housing, Pets, and Mounts) are dropped by some enemy or enemies.

And that is blatantly untrue. Who drops the new Pegasus mounts? Or a number of other mounts? Who drops all the crowns only housing items in the crown shop?
it unlikely.

colagada wrote:
I don't know what enemy drops the Pegasus. It's possible that it hasn't been programmed in yet----the developers are very busy.

It has nothing to do with being busy. I've run this sort of online game in the past. It has to do with KI deliberately deciding not to have those things available except for crowns.

I'm challenging them to either put up and follow their own rules or shut up and stop telling people something that hasn't been true for a very long time.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
They also stated that anything that improves, quickens, or gives you an advantage in gameplay will NOT be available by any other means than Crowns (like elixirs, potions, henchmen).

I believe your post was meant to include only mounts, equipment or pets?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
What this ultimately comes down to is...

they want money. To ensure that players DO buy crowns, they make crown items exclusive, so that there will be no other option of obtaining them.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
K.I. Staff has many times said that everything in the crown shop is available for gold or drops.

But for some time now there have been things added to the crown shop that are only available for crowns.

The latest of these are the Pegasus mounts. Even the version that only sticks around for a short time is crowns only.

I would very much love to hear from K.I. as to why after advertising that everything in the crown shop is also available as drops or for gold, there are so many things that AREN'T. And I would like to know when, K.I. will either change their official stance and admit that they do have stuff that can only be bought for crowns or else put their money where their mouth is and make everything in the crown shop available for gold or as drops as has been stated in the past.

they start dropping them once the item is removed for a long time i got two stuff from harvest lord in triton avenue the crown items were removed on the year wizard101 started i think i was like yay