Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Pedigree above 72

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
It's a rarity to be sure but I have seen them as high as 80 pedigree. Could it be explained to me how is this done since it seems the highest original pedigree is the Sea Dragon at 72, right? Am I missing seeing a higher pedigree pet here?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Pedigree is based on stats and how many of the rarer traits it can learn.

So a pet with all common/uncommon = 29 -35 range avg.

Pet with mostly uncommon and a couple rares in the 40's

and so forth going up.

Now how to go above what 72 which seems to be highest base .

Well this where the benefit to hatching 2 epics comes into play

Keeping in mind when 2 pets are used to hatch there offspring have stats basically at the halfway point between the difference of its parents.

Example pet 1: 200 strength + Pet 2: 225 strength= new pet 212 strength

Same with ability traits now you know that second number (??) after pedigree which is determined by how rare the traits the pet learned are.
so the more rare/ultra rare/ or epic abilities learned higher that number

So 2 pets bred to close to same pedigree both trained to epic ie max stats and both with some epic abilities either available to learn or learned will give beast chance at pedigree going up.

I bred my epic Judge 64(25) knowing 3 rares and a epic to a Sea Dragon 72(30) 2 epics learned result i got a New Judge 70 with 4epics 3 ultra rare and 3 rare abilities possible n talent column.

I will Max her out an my next breeding will result in a higher than 72 pet.

Hope this helps

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Muisak wrote:
It's a rarity to be sure but I have seen them as high as 80 pedigree. Could it be explained to me how is this done since it seems the highest original pedigree is the Sea Dragon at 72, right? Am I missing seeing a higher pedigree pet here?

The highest pedigree a pet can have is 100, which means every talent on both sides is epic.

Ergo, the most you could get out of a pet like that would be 100 (40).

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Ayahc20 wrote:
Pedigree is based on stats and how many of the rarer traits it can learn.

So a pet with all common/uncommon = 29 -35 range avg.

Pet with mostly uncommon and a couple rares in the 40's

and so forth going up.

Now how to go above what 72 which seems to be highest base .

Well this where the benefit to hatching 2 epics comes into play

Keeping in mind when 2 pets are used to hatch there offspring have stats basically at the halfway point between the difference of its parents.

Example pet 1: 200 strength + Pet 2: 225 strength= new pet 212 strength

Same with ability traits now you know that second number (??) after pedigree which is determined by how rare the traits the pet learned are.
so the more rare/ultra rare/ or epic abilities learned higher that number

So 2 pets bred to close to same pedigree both trained to epic ie max stats and both with some epic abilities either available to learn or learned will give beast chance at pedigree going up.

I bred my epic Judge 64(25) knowing 3 rares and a epic to a Sea Dragon 72(30) 2 epics learned result i got a New Judge 70 with 4epics 3 ultra rare and 3 rare abilities possible n talent column.

I will Max her out an my next breeding will result in a higher than 72 pet.

Hope this helps

Thanks, it helps some. Seems you're saying that the pets age will factor in on the pedigree...that 2 epics of a certain pair of pets will make a higher baby hybrid pedigree than say, an ancient of one and adult of the other. Seems that doesn't play into my hatches at all. :(

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
Muisak wrote:

The highest pedigree a pet can have is 100, which means every talent on both sides is epic.

Ergo, the most you could get out of a pet like that would be 100 (40).

Thank you for the info. But if what you say is indeed true...how does it make it better? Pain-giver is a excellent talent and it isn't a epic one. I, for one, don't like the Pierce and Disarmament card that is given by the Sea Dragon and is classified as a epic talent. To me, that is a huge waste of 2 talent spaces better served by a uncommon talent like Spritely for example.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Muisak wrote:
Thank you for the info. But if what you say is indeed true...how does it make it better?

As you indicated with your example, it doesn't make it better, it simply makes the number higher. I would rather have an uncommon spritely than an epic gargantuan card, so in this case less can be more.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
Muisak wrote:
Thank you for the info. But if what you say is indeed true...how does it make it better?

As you indicated with your example, it doesn't make it better, it simply makes the number higher. I would rather have an uncommon spritely than an epic gargantuan card, so in this case less can be more.

Spritely is a rare ability. but prolly a mistype

And no all Epics isn't better i agree Higher pedigree only means a better chance to receive the more sought after traits albeit rare.ultra rare or epic.

My current Judge is (70) from breeding with my friends Sea Dragon (72) and my 1st Judge(64) our 1st attempt was when his sea dragon was ancient and my judge was ancient result i got a judge (66) still had some uncommons.

Latest is judge result from both our pets being epic new judge has no common/uncommons on talent side and only a couple on derby side.

Very tedious endeavor though raising pets.

i made a suggestion to Ki hopefully oneday would add a possible spawn outcome list at hatchery so people could see what is possible before they click ok hatch.

my ultimate pet goal:
1. spritely (rare)
2. Pain giver (ultra rare)
3. spell Proof (epic)
4. Pip O plenty (rare) or Dmg icrease for school of that pet

Hope is helpful