Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI didn't listen to the player's suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
No, if KI listened to everyone's GOOD ideas, the game would become even more fun to the majority that think the same way.

KI wants people to spend their money. As long as they do, they won't care squat about what people think. That has become way too obvious. I have written about countless of my ideas that would make this game more fun, and bring it back to the casual gameplay that gets destroyed with Celestia and onward.

Even pre-Celestia content ideas have been suggested. Alternate ways to grind for exp. KI does not care as long as people pay money in one way or another.

Each and every single Wizard101 player would have to cancel their subscription, stop buying crowns, and simply go on 'strike' in order for KI to force themselves to make changes.

I wrote a post in the Dorms section entitled "Greetings, Wizard101" with the majority of my ideas in it. Unfortunately turning out to be a very unpopular post, because not many people read and replied to it.

i am sorry but KI does listen and read you know how you dont see many horrid words in the mboards they hire people to look at messages and make sure they aren't to offending

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
kingurz wrote:
julia88888 wrote:
yeah i agree if kingsisle could just look at all ideas and use them we might have a better place! rather than people quiting you dont want that kingsisle dont you?

If KI used all the player's ideas, crowns items would disappear (or become all gold), 75% of the spells in the game would be banned from PvP, each boss would drop every single one of their drops 100% of the time, there would be a new world each week, and no one would ever be defeated because the enemies would be too easy.

I'm not saying ever idea is bad, but there are some "suggestions" that wizards want that only benefit themselves and actually commit a diservice to other wizards and KI. The original poster and those with ideas about the new houses probably had constructive ideas. But the idea that KI should incorporate ALL ideas and use them is not very good. You would probably see more people quit because of that instead.

I agree KI can not run a business and listen to everyone, a business needs direction. However if an idea makes sense and isnt a hard fix and will not cost you anything to do so, then do it. Yes the golden rule of business is supply and demand. So the more clear way to show KI is simply do not demand. Dont demand that they do it your way simply buy from them what you like and ignore what you dont. You lack of purchase speaks in volumes,

Otherwise you post a thread and litterally at least 10 people will rush to defend KI's right to do th opposite of whatever you are requesting no matter what it is you are requesting. Its not just here that is the nature of the internet people feel compelled to let others no they disagree.

That said, I think the original poster is right. The house are horrid KI should listen. However they arent, so the other option is dont buy and dont recomend. Tell your friends and theire friends how you feel. When they find the sales arent working KI will do one of two things improve it or remove it and replace it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure what all the suggestions were, but if the main one was the water interfering with furniture then that has been fixed on the test realm.

Some suggestions are really good and KI "eventually" gets to implement them (it can't happen over night, even good player ideas have to be tested to make sure it doesn't break something else). However, the majority of the player suggestions in the Dorms are usually either money and developer time intensive with little reward for the majority audience, seriously imbalancing to other schools (a part from the suggesting player's school) or it is asking KI to have an employee to come to work and create items that are not sold with real money.

I'm sure I could suggest in the Dorms that every Member should receive 30,000 Crowns a year for free. I know a bunch of people would support me too (who doesn't want free stuff). It also costs KI very little to do that. However, 30,000 Crowns introduced into the system for free just reduced KI's net profit. So while it costs them very little, KI ends up paying for it long term.

The majority of bad suggestions, usually drowns out the good ones.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Though you may think you have great ideas, they may not actually work out. For example, if you want a house that is a gigantic floating castle, they would have to write up a specific code and art. Also, this can be very time consuming. Though the idea sounds good, it just may not be worth it.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
kingurz wrote:
julia88888 wrote:
yeah i agree if kingsisle could just look at all ideas and use them we might have a better place! rather than people quiting you dont want that kingsisle dont you?

If KI used all the player's ideas, crowns items would disappear (or become all gold), 75% of the spells in the game would be banned from PvP, each boss would drop every single one of their drops 100% of the time, there would be a new world each week, and no one would ever be defeated because the enemies would be too easy.

I'm not saying ever idea is bad, but there are some "suggestions" that wizards want that only benefit themselves and actually commit a diservice to other wizards and KI. The original poster and those with ideas about the new houses probably had constructive ideas. But the idea that KI should incorporate ALL ideas and use them is not very good. You would probably see more people quit because of that instead.

That may be true, but .....
If KI used player's GOOD ideas, this game would be

1. more fun to play
2. less of a chore leveling up (mob difficulty beginning Celestia++, inability to escape random encounters which are currently a waste of time, countless quests ... etc)
3. much more engaging
4. did I say, much more fun to play?

The game would simply be so much better. Game is good, but I see no reason why KI cannot perfect it.

If KI wants nothing but people's money, why do they make players wait 12 hours between hatchings? Why do they make players wait up to 21 hours for a pet hatch?

There are random reasons everywhere that don't make sense to me. It might add to the realism, but, as the game stands now, it simply adds to the frustration of players.

As a matter of fact, I am going to make a big old rant post.