Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why soooooooo long!!!??? :(

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
Why is the Mb tower soooooooooooooo long!
I keep trying to skip it because its soooooooo long!
i dont have that kind of time to sit on my but and play for a couple hours!
i cant stand it!
anyway why!!!!!
when i did it on my legend (when it was needed before i was legend)
i had gotten lvl 50`s but it still took us at least 2 hours or more to do it!
(i did the tower on my legend before lvl 60`s came out.)
i made a new character and she is stuck on the Mb (big ben)
I mean i understand like dungeons for like WOW but that was based for hard gamers.
I am not the hardest gamer but i have to admit i do have 5 mounts!
So my question is and its pretty obvious why is Big Ben so long?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
You may need to get stronger spells, or just wait it out. My brother and I were in and out of the thing in 1 and a half hours. Just me and him, Life and Ice.

It IS the last dungeon in MB, so it SHOULD take a while. I mean, after that, Bye MB, Hello MS. You need to find a time where you have 2 hours to sit down and play. It's simple really. They're testing you. Are you ready for Mooshu? Mooshu is harder than MB. Just find a time, grab a snack, put a movie in, and be ready to work your butt off.

Hope this helps!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 38 Therugist♣

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If everything were quick and easy, the game wouldn't be much fun.

Fortunately, you can set teleport marks in Big Ben. If you are defeated or have to leave, you can refill your health, mana, and potion bottles and teleport back in to pick up where you left off.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Well, it is the last dungeon in Marleybone (or, it's the dungeon that you must complete to gain access to Mooshu) and it should be difficult. I find it pretty unique to have 15 floors, chests, reagants, puzzles, and an awesome boss (IMO, Marleybone is my favorite world).

Like flipper said, find a time in your schedule where you can get friends, go to Big Ben, and tackle the tower in 1 hour or more. And like colagada said, it's possible to mark your location in Big Ben, so if you die, you could always come back and continue the tower (in 30 minutes, that is, or the dungeon will reset!) But I don't think marking your location will work if you have to log out, because if you log out during a dungeon or walk out of the dungeon on your own, it will automatically reset.

And think of a strategy to kill the enemies quicker. If you're stuck and can't think of a strategy, I'm 110% sure that there are guides to this tower in Wizard101 Central, but I can't be so sure in this forum, as I haven't seen any guides for this tower in this forum (if anyone could make one, that would be cool!). Also, you should go on Wizard101 Central Wiki to find info on the monsters so you can restructure your deck everytime you fight a different monster (especially if you have no clue that a certain monster is in your school, or the opposite school and they have shields of your school type, or worse, Weakness!)

Stack on wand pops to get rid of Weakness and school shields, and use regular/treasure prisms if you need to. And if you're willing, get some AOE regular/treasure cards, and some blades and traps to get rid of enemies quicker.

Jordan FireBringer, lvl 36 Fire
Elijah DeathBringer, lvl 7 Death
Patrick Star, lvl 1 Storm

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:
Why is the Mb tower soooooooooooooo long!
I keep trying to skip it because its soooooooo long!
i dont have that kind of time to sit on my but and play for a couple hours!
i cant stand it!
anyway why!!!!!
when i did it on my legend (when it was needed before i was legend)
i had gotten lvl 50`s but it still took us at least 2 hours or more to do it!
(i did the tower on my legend before lvl 60`s came out.)
i made a new character and she is stuck on the Mb (big ben)
I mean i understand like dungeons for like WOW but that was based for hard gamers.
I am not the hardest gamer but i have to admit i do have 5 mounts!
So my question is and its pretty obvious why is Big Ben so long?

To be honest I think Big Ben is easy. I soloed most of it and one my friends ported to help me fight Meowiarty. And even though this is off topic a little, Marleybone was the fastest world I ever did.