Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dont know everything

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i have noticed one thing while playing: you cant know fully of one school unless you play it yourself. some people said balance only had 1 healing spell like the other non-life spells. i proved them wrong with helping hands. someone said all schools but myth got 1 minion spell. thats wrong too. they got mander and spectral. also, i once mentioned availing hands to a friend and they had no idea what that spell was. see? you can NEVER know everything about a school unless you played it. thats also the right way to judge a school if its the right for you or not, not by looking at what spells the teacher has to offer

Quinn IronSword level 53 grandmaster sorcerer - cat bandit master

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
i have noticed one thing while playing: you cant know fully of one school unless you play it yourself. some people said balance only had 1 healing spell like the other non-life spells. i proved them wrong with helping hands. someone said all schools but myth got 1 minion spell. thats wrong too. they got mander and spectral. also, i once mentioned availing hands to a friend and they had no idea what that spell was. see? you can NEVER know everything about a school unless you played it. thats also the right way to judge a school if its the right for you or not, not by looking at what spells the teacher has to offer

Quinn IronSword level 53 grandmaster sorcerer - cat bandit master

I agree with you- that's part of why I have 2 accounts, with multiple wizards. I want to experience all of their spells, and what they go through to get there, for myself. Also, if you can learn to strategize with other schools that are not the same as your original wizard, you'll probably become even more proficient in that school as well.

PS: Availing Hands is a great spell, because we can use power-pips on it; besides us, I believe that Life is the only school that can use power pips on heals (not counting the fact that Death and Fire can both use them for damage/heal spells, like Power Link and Vampire), so it's a nice perk. For all of the trouble we go through to get there, we deserve a little bit of recompense. :P

I like my Balance wiz, though getting her to legendary was a long and tedious, emotionally-draining process; my Death and Storm wizards have been much easier for me, and I think that those two are probably the best fit because they are the most like me (according to that test-thing, anyway). My necromancer is a magus, and questing with him is so much easier than it ever was with my Balance. Oh, well- to each, his/her own!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance

Valerian Deathwhisper
Magus Necromancer

&

Sestiva Stormblade
Initiate Diviner

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Some people don't know everything about a school when they do play it.

It's certainly good that we have an all-knowing person like the opening poster.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
colagada wrote:

You mean me? Sort of jumping the gun there, aren't you?

I don't think I implied that I was all-knowing, or that I knew everything about every school. I was making a joke, since it's pretty easy to find what you need on W101C. It's like Wowhead, only for Wizard101. :P

I would never be purposely condescending, and I apologize to the OP if it seemed that way.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
colagada wrote:

You do make a valid point. While I don't profess to know everything about my school, though I probably have a better understanding of it than someone who has never tried it. I'll also be the first to say, for example, that the Life school is majorly overpowered- this may be true for me now, based on what I've seen both enemies and players do with it, but I might disagree completely by the time my baby theurgist (she is level 10, or thereabouts) gets to Legendary.

Still, I wish that the original poster could tell this to the person who said: "Balance wizards should never PvP, so why don't you just leave now"... I bet he's never seen what a critical/buffed Power Nova or Ra can do to just about anyone who's not adequately buffed themselves; most don't even know that I can heal at all. I think that knowing your spells, your enemies, and yourself are what make a good wizard great. Perhaps Balance was a better fit than I realized, or maybe I've just gotten used to it... Either way, we can all learn something from giving it a try ourselves, instead of basing our assumptions on what we've seen.

Signing off, on both accounts!

L.S.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
colagada wrote:

You're not the first (opening) poster, who I was referring to.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
colagada wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
colagada wrote:

You're not the first (opening) poster, who I was referring to.

Oh? Hrm. Well, the OP didn't quite come off as 'all-knowing' or condescending to me. Mine sort of did, now that I look at it. But apparently, that's just me.

Honest mistake. Forgivesies?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
[
Oh? Hrm. Well, the OP didn't quite come off as 'all-knowing' or condescending to me. Mine sort of did, now that I look at it. But apparently, that's just me.

Honest mistake. Forgivesies?

It's not a problem. I was clearing up a point.

The opening poster certainly came across as all-knowing and preachy to me, but that may just be my view.