Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lv. and Rank

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
One day I randomly joined a 4 vs. 4, Ranked PvP match. On my team, only one person had higher health than me, and it wasn't by that much. I was thinking it might work out if we communicate and work hard. That was until I saw the opposing team. All of them were Lv. 58-60, Saviors of the Spiral decked out in the best Celestia gear they had. They got 2 power pips the first turn and had all of their schools spells. We didn't have a chance from the first turn! Helephants, Celestia spells, and all that jazz, were being thrown effortlessly. I think PvP matches should be paired up by rank and Lv. That way a team of 4 lv. 30's will go up against a team of 4 lv. 28 to 35's. This would be much more fair.

Jasmine StormBlood
"I've got a fever and the only perscription is more cowbell!"

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
eggywig wrote:
One day I randomly joined a 4 vs. 4, Ranked PvP match. On my team, only one person had higher health than me, and it wasn't by that much. I was thinking it might work out if we communicate and work hard. That was until I saw the opposing team. All of them were Lv. 58-60, Saviors of the Spiral decked out in the best Celestia gear they had. They got 2 power pips the first turn and had all of their schools spells. We didn't have a chance from the first turn! Helephants, Celestia spells, and all that jazz, were being thrown effortlessly. I think PvP matches should be paired up by rank and Lv. That way a team of 4 lv. 30's will go up against a team of 4 lv. 28 to 35's. This would be much more fair.

Jasmine StormBlood
"I've got a fever and the only perscription is more cowbell!"

Jasmine,

It's a bad idea to join a random ranked PvP match, for many many reasons.
First, you don't know who you are going up against.
Second, you don't know anyone on your team, or how well they can play.
Third, your team has no strategy set up ahead of time.
Fourth, with no strategy, you don't know how to set up your deck.
Fifth, plus you have no defense against a storm team or any other team.
Sixth, ..... on and on and on.....etc.

If you want to do this, don't go into Ranked play, use the practice side of PvP. This way it does not affect your Rank, etc and you won't care what happens in the match. You can win or lose and then team up with Wizards that you like and that seem to know the game.

Remember, with Ranked PvP, you enter a world of people that are in the arena to win. To make sure they get the Win, they study every spell in the game, use treasure cards, and have the best Pet and Gear they can get.

The Ranked PvP arena is a place where you enter at your own risk, fully armed with every idea you can come up with, and battle the best you can.
You must know all the other schools and have an idea how to beat them.
Knowing this is part of a good strategy, and you do need a solid one to win.

It's not designed to be just a lazy no thinking have fun type of battle, that is what pve and the practice side are for.

Joseph LionHunter.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Let's just say you aren't the only one ...

Many people have written posts about this before. I think that it really is an issue and it has happened to me. When I was a low level, I was seeing higher levels, and when I was higher level, I was seeing lower levels. The matching system really is flawed, and people before have claimed that no Kingsisle members actually do PvP because of it. But, it still hasn't been changed.

I don't know the reason that KI employees don't do something to fix this. It can't be beyond their technological capabilities, can it? If they created a world with as great a storyline and as beautiful graphics with Wizard101, then the least they could do is fix this.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
First, I found out they do take level into consideration, you just get paired up with some wizard of the same rank that's closest to your level. I just wish that one of those Saviors of the Spiral had been on MY team.

Joseph:
1. Dude, I just don't want to go up against people 30 levels higher than me. That's all.
2. I really don't care
3. I don't have text chat, so I couldn't do that in the first place
4. I have a deck that works well on my own or with a team. I think I can handle someone realitively near my level.
5. I can handle a Storm Dude! I could handle a lv. 28-30 Storm dude!
6. Yeah, I know

I want to do ranked matches because I WANT THAT BRONZE ONI!!! Besides, I know there are some competitive dude-ios out there that just want to build up their rank and brag about it. I know the schools well, their ups, downs, and sideways. Plus I'm saving my treasure cards to go up against a cocky friend of mine... (I'm talking to you Blaze ThunderStalker!)

I know you have to be competitive to win, and I am because I want that Bronze Oni, BAD...