Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
I am not sure this is the right place but i think PVP has two issues:

1: One team always goes first and can react to a shield or debuff or something like that. I think either the team that goes first should switch every turn or that or that each team gets 30 seconds instead of sharing 30 seconds between both teams.

Thank you for your time and I hope you appreciate this message.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
This is my issue and my business idea. See the thrill of PvP is awesome specialy when you are up against an equal, but i think we should have a Tournament for PvP with the grand prize of a certain amount of tickets depending on the tournaments size. An of coarse more ticket only prizes for players. An make the selection for this noticable like say to enter this go to a tent in the arena waiting room. People all around will see this and enter. They will love it so much, it will make players wont stay longer on the game. ~ Thanks You ~ Tyler SpiritBringer

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
I like your idea except I don't think you should have to wait in a tent BTW you name is awesome :D
dd Joseph Icecaster Level 59 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Pvp, Pvp for lvl's 38 and down is very hard all we get is lvl 60's that critical all the time. I think Im speaking for most people. we had enough people rnk 1,000 up get hard people we never go 1st its hard to win I asked about this before and All I do is get the same thing back over and over again. I cant take it anymore I miss old pvp before lvl 60 and critical came and so do others.. Plz Fix it

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I think it is quite clear and very obvious that the matching system is broken. It is one thing to be matched against people that are 10 to 15 levels higher than you, however, when you are constantly fighting Legends, that are 34 levels higher than you, just because you are a warlord, that is truly a broken system.

Now, some say, you only lose a couple rank points, however, this is not always true, depending on their rank. Also, this happens all the time and is not just a rare occurance or one that happens if you stay in que for too long.

No, the match up system is broken. It should match people first by level, then by rank, not a combination or any other means.

There are many issues right now in pvp that need to be fixed, however, I will say, the matching system is the first thing that needs to be fixed...

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Death at level 27 is underpowered? Although that is not adept Laura...

Death has feint, poison, skeletal pirate, vampire, death blade, sacrifice, spirit blades, infection, and at level 28, will have an x minion spell...

Now, my death, has the myth amulet, so he can also cast minotaur, has an orthrus pet, has good power pips, and has beaten many of the level 50 and above!!!

Now, I know I am exceptional at this game, however, I do not always want to fight people that are twice my level... See my point?

Every now and then is one thing, but on a consistant basis? No, the matching system is now broken... A few levels between combatants is one thing, but constantly fighting people that are twice your level, that is something else!

Wake me up when you realize that Laura!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
I think it is quite clear and very obvious that the matching system is broken. It is one thing to be matched against people that are 10 to 15 levels higher than you, however, when you are constantly fighting Legends, that are 34 levels higher than you, just because you are a warlord, that is truly a broken system.

Now, some say, you only lose a couple rank points, however, this is not always true, depending on their rank. Also, this happens all the time and is not just a rare occurance or one that happens if you stay in que for too long.

No, the match up system is broken. It should match people first by level, then by rank, not a combination or any other means.

There are many issues right now in pvp that need to be fixed, however, I will say, the matching system is the first thing that needs to be fixed...

Darthjt,

First, it's nice to see you back on the boards.........

Second, I don't often disagree with you, but on this one I think your using the incorrect terminalogy. PVP is not broke, it was designed this way, and changed at the request of people like Travis.

Please read Gtar's comments on the posting that just got closed.....

Now, the matching system doesn't fit what certain people want, but that does not mean that it's broke, in any way.
Yes broke in that it doesn't work the way certain people want it to work, and a level 30 Warlord may be put against level 60, but that's not broke.
Maybe KI expected that people would want to move up their Wizards to a higher level as they played the game. Maybe, but who expected that people would want to keep a Wizard at a low level just to pvp?
I fully understand what you are saying, but just because you want to pvp at low level, does not mean that PvP is broke.
Now, before you attack, I have a level 60,60,60, 30, 15 and a 5 that I pvp with, so I am in this problem too.
I have been pounded by a few Legend warlords, but that is the way it's changed, and I will live with it. Versus asking for another change...... that may make things way different again.

Joe,

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Death at level 27 is underpowered? Although that is not adept Laura...

Death has feint, poison, skeletal pirate, vampire, death blade, sacrifice, spirit blades, infection, and at level 28, will have an x minion spell...

Now, my death, has the myth amulet, so he can also cast minotaur, has an orthrus pet, has good power pips, and has beaten many of the level 50 and above!!!

Now, I know I am exceptional at this game, however, I do not always want to fight people that are twice my level... See my point?

Every now and then is one thing, but on a consistant basis? No, the matching system is now broken... A few levels between combatants is one thing, but constantly fighting people that are twice your level, that is something else!

Wake me up when you realize that Laura!

"This here be what be happenin' when the cushy legends on the frilly pants get to hanging in the Wild Midfest. yeah, o! a 27 young wizard is fer sher an adept. If you beaten many o' level 50 and above then why ye be hear bendin' o'er poor Bartleby's ear? Yeh be too good to fight nethin' other than all o' those o'er 50s that yeh beat so much. Yeh can delete some o' deh oders good fer nothin' legends and continue havin' yer fun at midfest - i warrant yeh can make fer a real cocky fire adept wizard. matchin' sys not broken if yer a warlord in full gear - around the midfest that all we can ask fer. go find yerself a lady with a sultan palace and go entertain yer lady guest with yer elite skills, like me with meh hot seamstress."
-Laura Watersong, impersonating Zeke, soul o' Bartleby.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt,

First, it's nice to see you back on the boards.........

Second, I don't often disagree with you, but on this one I think your using the incorrect terminalogy. PVP is not broke, it was designed this way, and changed at the request of people like Travis.

Please read Gtar's comments on the posting that just got closed.....

Now, the matching system doesn't fit what certain people want, but that does not mean that it's broke, in any way.
Yes broke in that it doesn't work the way certain people want it to work, and a level 30 Warlord may be put against level 60, but that's not broke.
Maybe KI expected that people would want to move up their Wizards to a higher level as they played the game. Maybe, but who expected that people would want to keep a Wizard at a low level just to pvp?
I fully understand what you are saying, but just because you want to pvp at low level, does not mean that PvP is broke.
Now, before you attack, I have a level 60,60,60, 30, 15 and a 5 that I pvp with, so I am in this problem too.
I have been pounded by a few Legend warlords, but that is the way it's changed, and I will live with it. Versus asking for another change...... that may make things way different again.

Joe,

For a Legendary Wizard, nothing is wrong with PvP at all!

For Lower Level Wizards, who already have Commander Gear, not much is wrong with PvP!

Now, for new wizards, or people just reaching Warlord, that are of a lower level, that do not have full commander gear, the system is broken!

Now, you say you have characters of different levels, however, do they already have commander gear?

I used to call most people complainers too, however, I decided to take a different route and delete legendary Wizards to see for myself.

This new system for matchups is totally flawed! Anything would be better than this... Yes, it is nice not having waiting periods, however, to constantly be matched up against Legends as a Warlord rather than facing other Warlords or other Characters of my Level, something is seriously wrong with that... The que is too fast for it to try and match me up first with my own level and my own rank, to jump me to a Legend already. Less than a minute and my level 12 warlord has to fight a legend? Really?

And you don't find this flawed?

Is everyone going out of their minds?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
First, to the OP... I like your idea. I'd like to a see a ranked PvP where there could be categories of play, such as heavyweight, lightweight, school only, classic, etc... I'm sure your idea could fit into one of those categories.

Second...

laurawatersong wrote:
"This here be what be happenin' when the cushy legends on the frilly pants get to hanging in the Wild Midfest. yeah, o! a 27 young wizard is fer sher an adept. If you beaten many o' level 50 and above then why ye be hear bendin' o'er poor Bartleby's ear? Yeh be too good to fight nethin' other than all o' those o'er 50s that yeh beat so much. Yeh can delete some o' deh oders good fer nothin' legends and continue havin' yer fun at midfest - i warrant yeh can make fer a real cocky fire adept wizard. matchin' sys not broken if yer a warlord in full gear - around the midfest that all we can ask fer. go find yerself a lady with a sultan palace and go entertain yer lady guest with yer elite skills, like me with meh hot seamstress."
-Laura Watersong, impersonating Zeke, soul o' Bartleby.

At the risk of changing the subject... You're funny. I like you. Your posts often make me laugh. :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt,

The way that I see this is a low level Wizard use to become a Warlord, without much of an issue. It still can, it's just a lot harder, and you are going to get pounded by upper levels as you move up in Rank (if you keep the wizard the same level). Travis wants to keep a wizard at a low level, and move up to Warlord, so he can fight his kind of fight, without critical.
Is that an option in the game, who really cares about this group that wants to fight without criticals? Think about it, is this something that KI even wants?
Right along the same line as PVP for the upper levels, Ice was too strong. We'll Ice was downranked, and Fire and Myth are on the top now.
How fair was that for Ice, it wasn't but that is just part of the game now.

Now, after KI has made the changes that this board asked for, we are saying we don't like the changes........ well maybe the initial complaints should have been very clear in what people wanted. Imo, all the personal attacks did nothing to help and were just a personal satisfaction for some.

If we are to make a request, it should be a request, not a scream that something is broke when it's not. It has to be reasonable too, as KI is not about to change too much code at once, it's jut too costly.
My Dad use to be a programmer, and he knows the cost association, and all that stuff.

Remember that past posts, everyone screamed about the Que being too slow. Everyone screamed that the point system was wrong, and KI has corrected both. Not the way we wanted it, but it has been fixed.
Now Que's are much faster, the point system is fixed, just like everyone asked. So, what the real problem, it just not exactly what we all wanted?

Joe.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
darthjt wrote:

I used to call most people complainers too, however, I decided to take a different route and delete legendary Wizards to see for myself.

This new system for matchups is totally flawed! Anything would be better than this... Yes, it is nice not having waiting periods, however, to constantly be matched up against Legends as a Warlord rather than facing other Warlords or other Characters of my Level, something is seriously wrong with that... The que is too fast for it to try and match me up first with my own level and my own rank, to jump me to a Legend already. Less than a minute and my level 12 warlord has to fight a legend? Really?

@darthjt

Oh dear... You think I have no idea why YOU think the system is broken - well I do, you think gearing up an death adept is tough, why don't you try stepping on a ring with a level 29 storm? That should be a hoot. I want to watch. I geared my storm at that level BEFORE the scoring system changed. She's a level 33 warlord now.

Darth, if you were here in the midlevel fights SOONER, you would be singing KIs praise on the new scoring system (notice that they didnt touch the matching system in any significant way) because prior to the scoring fix there just wouldn't be any way a storm or a death adept could get Commander rank without an exploit - (now I know you dont care to use exploits but I do) and at least now you can buy your Commander stuff and that's a blessing you are taking for granted cause you didn't see how stuff was before you got your adept on the ring.

About the only adepts that MIGHT dislike what's going on now are the OP schools: like the ice adepts. I got a rating 1100 ice warlord now, zero commander gear. You won't see me complaining, though I've had to get beat up by a couple of legendaries today in far from fair matches.

You should stop coming to midlevel to sweat all the small stuff - so you don't like fighting legends with a low level warlord but enjoyed being the legend that beat those low level warlords? I mean you can always go back.

You are used to being the fat cat at the top of the food chain - so just create an ice or fire adept wizard and the forum will be better for it.

I don't think you tough enough to stick it out with a weak school at adept/magus level.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
darthjt wrote:

@darthjt

Oh dear... You think I have no idea why YOU think the system is broken - well I do, you think gearing up an death adept is tough, why don't you try stepping on a ring with a level 29 storm? That should be a hoot. I want to watch. I geared my storm at that level BEFORE the scoring system changed. She's a level 33 warlord now.

Darth, if you were here in the midlevel fights SOONER, you would be singing KIs praise on the new scoring system (notice that they didnt touch the matching system in any significant way) because prior to the scoring fix there just wouldn't be any way a storm or a death adept could get Commander rank without an exploit - (now I know you dont care to use exploits but I do) and at least now you can buy your Commander stuff and that's a blessing you are taking for granted cause you didn't see how stuff was before you got your adept on the ring.

About the only adepts that MIGHT dislike what's going on now are the OP schools: like the ice adepts. I got a rating 1100 ice warlord now, zero commander gear. You won't see me complaining, though I've had to get beat up by a couple of legendaries today in far from fair matches.

You should stop coming to midlevel to sweat all the small stuff - so you don't like fighting legends with a low level warlord but enjoyed being the legend that beat those low level warlords? I mean you can always go back.

You are used to being the fat cat at the top of the food chain - so just create an ice or fire adept wizard and the forum will be better for it.

I don't think you tough enough to stick it out with a weak school at adept/magus level.

@ Laura,

Laura, you might be a great Wizard, all fine and dandy... However, I am probably twice as good as you are... Now, being that I am that good, and you are that much better than everyone else, where does that leave the other wizards that play this game? You like it the way it is, but that is because you are an exceptional player... Think, for once, not about yourself, but for the newer players, the newer warlords... They don't have the skill and strategies that we have... Do you have any idea how hard this is going to be for them? Do you think they will come to the arena and stay?

If we don't get new people in and we lose people because of this change, who will you fight then? Only Legendaries will be left... I have 10 Legends left, which is fine, and yes, I can take on the legends with my mid level death and my noob balance, but I thought the whole point of PvP was to see who can be the best at their level... You can't find that out when you never take on your own level, now can you...

All these warlords on noob levels and mid-level and yet, they rarely face eachother?

How does this even make sense to you? Honestly, look at the problem as a whole, not just your own stand point...