Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A solution?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
As i have read many posts alot of people are discouraged by lower levels being matched with much higher level opponents. So i have come up with a sort of solution to it.

1. Tenacity, this is the biggest solution that i have come up with it. If you know the definition tenacity basically means standing strong or holding up. It would be a buff to the lower level player and would show up as a little box like where you would see a potion, or a transformation. And it is dictated by how higher level your opponent is and goes by 5s.

Say you were a level 30 and you were matched with a level 35. You would recieve 1st level tenacity. Which is basically.
+100 Health
+3% Attack Boost
+3% Accuracy
+5% Power Pip Chance
+5% Resistance

Now say you were matched with someone who is 10 levels higher than you well you would get a second rank Tenacity.
+250 Health
+5% Attack Boost
+5% Accuracy
+7% Power Pip Chance
+7% Restiance

3rd rank tenacity as you might have guessed is 15 levels higher than you.

+400 Health
+7% Attack Boost
+7% Accuracy
+9% Power Pip Chance
+9% Resistance

4th Rank Tenacity is gained against an opponent 20 levels higher than you

+600 Health
+10% Attack Boost
+10% Accuracy Boost
+15% Power Pip Chance
+13% Resistance

5th Rank Tenacity is the final rank that tenacity can go to you must be 25 levels lower than your opponent. However if the opponent is more than 25 levels you will still get 5th rank tenacity but it will not go up any higher than that.

+700 Health
+13% Attack Boost
+13% Accuracy Boost
+15% Power Pip Chance
+15% Resistance
+30 Critical RATING( Not percent)
+30 Critical Block Rating

Tenacity would be PvP only and you would lose the tenacity boost right after you leave the PvP arena. Now while it could be considered unfair please not that the lower levels will still have their lower level spells just gain a gear boost from the tenacity.

2. I would also implement conviction as a completely free spell. No level limit, no rank limit, No cost. You Would recieve the spell right after the quest that diego gives you about the dueling arena.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Thorvon,

I think it is the right idea, but wrong implementation. I believe it should be the other way around. A higher level should be restricted in powers when facing a much lower level opponent.

Why should a low level wizard be boosted in powers they have never received in PvE? Meanwhile, Legendaries have been Magus's and Novice's before and know the strategies at that level.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Thorvon,

I think it is the right idea, but wrong implementation. I believe it should be the other way around. A higher level should be restricted in powers when facing a much lower level opponent.

Why should a low level wizard be boosted in powers they have never received in PvE? Meanwhile, Legendaries have been Magus's and Novice's before and know the strategies at that level.

That one of the solutions i had heard about to. Like believe me I shouldn't take a ton of credit on the idea it was a big discussion between friends and random people and they were low level high ranks. Low Rank legendaries. And just all around good PvP legendaries. And they were cool with the idea of boosting down the legendary or higher level until it got to the critical and critical block systems. As then you would leave the lower level unprotected from certain criticals. And when I asked what would it be like if you just turned off criticals and critical block for the PvP in general. And i had problems because a lot of fire and storm players argued that you would be sabotaging their main strategies. And well since i was the one asking for help i didn't really want to argue it at all. So i came to the conclusion of boosting the lower level so in that sense they could stand a chance with skills they wouldn't normaly have to be some what of a challenge to the Legendaries. This way we aren't forcing anyone to change their strategies change their out look on the PvP. Just it seems the lower level has more of a chance is all.

But I do thank you for your comments. Because whether it be my idea or some one elses it would have to be perfect to be put into PvP. Plus I do realize now that it is a problem that should be at least recognized.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
thorvon65,

I see what your trying to do, but I think in a lot of cases this may make the battle even more lopsided. If you do this to a Balance that has just learned Judgement, or to a Storm that has just learned Triton, and they are lower than the other player, you just gave them a huge edge.
I just think there are way too many variables in spells, treasure cards, etc, to lock in baselines like this.

I was actually looking at a different point of view, but don't have it all worked out yet. As soon as I do, I will post it here..

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
thorvon65,

I see what your trying to do, but I think in a lot of cases this may make the battle even more lopsided. If you do this to a Balance that has just learned Judgement, or to a Storm that has just learned Triton, and they are lower than the other player, you just gave them a huge edge.
I just think there are way too many variables in spells, treasure cards, etc, to lock in baselines like this.

I was actually looking at a different point of view, but don't have it all worked out yet. As soon as I do, I will post it here..

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

So your saying that you expect a legendary who is fighting A balance that just got judgement a level 26. So your saying that the higher level can't shield or anything? It isn't really lopsiding it at al it just means that the higher level is playing a real PvP and not just a joke of a fight.

Let's see the other example a storm that just got triton? That is a level 38 storm so it impossible to get the highest rank of the tenacity. But in that case your just going to assume that legendary is not going to shield or even try at the fight. Everyone deserves a fighting chance at least lol. And I think we should shift the whole view that if a legendary fights a lower level that it should a real PvP and not just a joke slaughter.