Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Now, i always wondered why we have just a weapon and no shield. This will probably counter staves, 2 handed swords, and flutes. If we could add a shield (for the sake of the higher levels) it would add block, health, critical or something of that nature to boost the power of the wizard. You could then buff 2 handed swords, flutes, and staves, that can't equip the shields, so it all balances out.

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
NightWa1ker wrote:
Now, i always wondered why we have just a weapon and no shield. This will probably counter staves, 2 handed swords, and flutes. If we could add a shield (for the sake of the higher levels) it would add block, health, critical or something of that nature to boost the power of the wizard. You could then buff 2 handed swords, flutes, and staves, that can't equip the shields, so it all balances out.

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

The reason, I believe, is because all the wizards are casting spells and blocking with magic shields. Regular shields are not needed, because no one is dealing physical damage (some have animations that look like it, but it is still magic damage).

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
We're wizards, not warriors... I can't name any wizard off the top of my head that has ever carried a shield with them.

The swords are already kinda pushing it. Implementing shields would seem a little too out of place, in my opinion...

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
NightWa1ker wrote:

Thoughts?

Jason 8)

Nice idea! Im sure this is mentioned somewhere else, but it isnt bad to bring up an old topic every once in a while! Graphics for how it might look would be tough. i think the first step would be to add weapons when your on a mount. :P

-Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Some swords could have shields with them. Like shields would just be part of a hand item.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I dunno.... I too have been thinking about why we don't have shields. Of course wizards don't need actual shields, but they don't need swords either. If we can't have shields, why not give us something us else? i.e. spellbooks, another wand/sword, or some other wizardly thing.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Sorry, i get what everyone is saying that we are kind of pushing it, so would a small book be better for you? It could contain some spells, and maybe for the higher levels, contain some critical block.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
NightWa1ker wrote:
Sorry, i get what everyone is saying that we are kind of pushing it, so would a small book be better for you? It could contain some spells, and maybe for the higher levels, contain some critical block.

Actually, thats a VERY good idea. Since we are indeed wizards and witches, we should acrtually have spell books that show up on out characters! Even for the lower levels you could add health boosts along with damage and resist boosts. As you get to a higher level, you could add crit, block, etc. boosts.

-Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth