Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

For Fire Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
So about a week ago I slayed the demon Jade Oni and rescued Mooshu with my level 43 Pyromancer. I was excited to reach Dragonspyre and the last part of my Malistare adventure with my first wizard, after playing for years (long, sad story there that I don't feel like getting into).

Beginning DS is hard, but not as grueling as I thought, which is good. I am not a soloer, and I constantly plead help from my friends, who so graciously come to my aid when called. Usually. (Tiffany, I mean you!) Anyway, I defeat Zarathax with help from my brother, a level 25 Pyromancer.

All is good.

Kinda.

I get the starting quests in the Plaza of Conquests and dutifully complete them. Then comes Halina Warhawk's (correct name if wrong) tower. Unfortunately, this is a must solo. It starts off with two Burning Hates (Fire may I add) and then a Burning Hate and another Death enemy, lastly two Silver Servants (who are Balance). After about an hour of constantly revising my deck to get the perfect balance of fire prisms, meteor strikes, helephants, other fire spells, and my assorted myth spells, I defeat the first two Burning Hates and the second level. The Silver Servants get me, though, and for some unknown reason, I must restart at the beginning. :-o

I waste treasure cards, potions, and time on this dungeon, and I am really ticked! :x :x :x

So what I am trying to say, basically, is that DS is an incredibly hard time for Pyromancers (please don't give me the stories about how your Pyros have soloed DS in a matter of hours- you're obviously more superior than me and are perfect in every way, shape or form). Please give advice, for I am stumped.

Thank you!
Jason Fireshield, level 43 Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
It's kind of mean how no one replied!
Dear WizkidJ,
Your problem can be easily resolved by going online and searching up different strategies! Me, as a level 44, still haven't fully mastered my techniques, so when I'm stumped I look up some strategies and mold them into a way that suits me! I'm NOT saying to do this all the times because you can never guarantee that its going to work! Hope this helped and if not...don't give up!

Master Pyromancer, level 44, Allison DawnBringer!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
WizKidJ wrote:
Then comes Halina Warhawk's (correct name if wrong) tower. Unfortunately, this is a must solo.
So what I am trying to say, basically, is that DS is an incredibly hard time for Pyromancers
Please give advice, for I am stumped.

First of all I believe that multiple wizards can in fact enter this tower; just that no one can port in once you enter. So verify that you have to do it alone before trying it solo again.
You probably do need the 3 potions so make sure they are full. Save the last one for the final battle. Time your potion heals for when you need them most; (don't use one just to heal 500 health). The tower should have at least one floor with red pips for healing.

Second, my Fire was my forth wizard and I tend to be a strong player. (I am a storm wizard at heart so I prefer to attack hard and fast rather than shield and heal) My fire uses primarily Fire attack spells even against fire enemies. Forget the second school for attack, keep your power pips.

Fire prism is a great spell - for bosses. It usually isn't worth the multiple turns to place it on fire minions so dispense with that idea. You are much better served to use those 2 turns on blades to increase your overall damage. Meteor with an extra damage treasure card (Tough, strong or Giant preferred) plus 2 blades should handle all but fire enemies (unless they have a shield). (Or Meteor twice with 1 blade each.)
Scald is the next best choice until you get fire dragon. It does heavy damage for the pips with the only downside being that it takes a few turns to kill. Also the best choice against shielded foes (aka balance).

Basic stratagy is a necessity, and although I am far from the final word on it, my strategy works well for me. Small deck, short battle.
Spelldeck: I would load (5) Blades, (3) Elemental Blade, maybe (2) fire traps, (4) meteors, (1) Scald, (2) shields and maybe a fairy. Plus treasure: (3) Extra damage cards, (1) treasure blade, (1) satyr or fairy
Obviously you can tweak this arrangement 50 different ways but in general I want a fireblade on my first turn, Elemental Blade on second turn and if they aren't up, if I have to do something else I am wasting a turn and inviting the enemies to hit me for more damage.
Ok, so if you want a helephant just in case or smoke screen; sure why not.

Although I did not struggle much with my fire I did have similar roadblocks along the way with my first Ice wiz. DS does not necessarily get easier but you should get a boost at level 45 and at 48.
You should evaluate every piece of your gear to make sure you have good equipment. For Fire, damage and accuracy are essential from your hat, robe and boots. Your Ring and Athame should give you high(est) health and possibly a power pip bonus. You should like to have a sword (or wand) with a power pip bonus. Hopefully your pet has some beneficial talents for you also.

Anyway, this is beginning to feel like a lecture so I will bow out. Other players may have other suggestions or different strategies to offer.

Good Luck and Burn it down.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Ive had problems with this tower too all though now im a Legend Pyromancer , but you have to not waste your healing cards or discard them. Make sure your healed by the end of the battle as to not waste potions. I can help more if i know your secondary school.

Justin ThunderSword
Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
WizKidJ wrote:
So about a week ago I slayed the demon Jade Oni and rescued Mooshu with my level 43 Pyromancer. I was excited to reach Dragonspyre and the last part of my Malistare adventure with my first wizard, after playing for years (long, sad story there that I don't feel like getting into).

Beginning DS is hard, but not as grueling as I thought, which is good. I am not a soloer, and I constantly plead help from my friends, who so graciously come to my aid when called. Usually. (Tiffany, I mean you!) Anyway, I defeat Zarathax with help from my brother, a level 25 Pyromancer.

All is good.

Kinda.

I get the starting quests in the Plaza of Conquests and dutifully complete them. Then comes Halina Warhawk's (correct name if wrong) tower. Unfortunately, this is a must solo. It starts off with two Burning Hates (Fire may I add) and then a Burning Hate and another Death enemy, lastly two Silver Servants (who are Balance). After about an hour of constantly revising my deck to get the perfect balance of fire prisms, meteor strikes, helephants, other fire spells, and my assorted myth spells, I defeat the first two Burning Hates and the second level. The Silver Servants get me, though, and for some unknown reason, I must restart at the beginning. :-o

I waste treasure cards, potions, and time on this dungeon, and I am really ticked! :x :x :x

So what I am trying to say, basically, is that DS is an incredibly hard time for Pyromancers (please don't give me the stories about how your Pyros have soloed DS in a matter of hours- you're obviously more superior than me and are perfect in every way, shape or form). Please give advice, for I am stumped.

Thank you!

By the sounds of it, you might just not be that good at the game. I was able to solo almost everything. (Even malistaire, on my Ice Storm Balance and Death wizards) I did that at around level 44 for all of them.

I've never taken a fire wizzard too far into the game before, but here and some suggestions for you.

Round 1: Fire Prism
Round 2: Fire Prism
Round 3: Fire Blade
Round 4: Fire Shield
Round 5:The take 250 and deal 600 spell. (600+1.3%+1.35%+1.25%=1,300)
Round 6: Fire Blade
Round 7: Pixie
Round 8: Pixie/Fire Shield
Round 9: Same as round 5.

This is easily enough to kill it, and you will only take about 50 damage or so from the attack as long as they don't use a fire attack really quick.

A really helpful tip is to always focus on one enemy at a time once you reach the higher worlds.

The main problem for you, is probanly (like most others) is that you try to have attack all and attacks in your deck. Choose ONE! Also, you probably have too many cards in your deck. ALSO, you picked a pointless 2nd school. If you spend the crowns to do so, choose Ice until Tower Shield, and death up till feint.

Deck: 4 fire Shields
4 fire blades
4 fire prisms
4 fire 250/600s
4 pixies

Also, a lot of people do not delete cards they don't need! If you have 2 fire prisms, delete the rest. Same with the other cards.

Use a potion when needed.

Equipment:
Hat/Robe/Shoes
Choose whatever gives you the best Health/Accuracy/Fire Attack
DO NOT worry about Fire Resistance
Wand- Ice AND Fire Wand that give you a power pip. When fighting Fire, use the ice. When fighting anything else, use the fire.
Ring- Choose the level 40 that gives you health and 12% power pip. (I think fire has this.) If it doesn't, choose one that gives you (it's a spiral one) the most mana and most power pip.
Athame- Choose one that gives you the most Health/Mana
Pet- DO NOT worry about this until you reach level 60.

I hope this helps! I spent a while of my own time making this for you.

Note: I DO NOT own or work for KingsIsle.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
What treasures are you using? Since you have maxxed out Prisms, I would max out out treasure slots with the Fire Shield cards sold by Argleston in the Wizard City Library. Using those with your 80% Fire Shields you learn from the Wizard City Fairground, you should be able to resist all those attacks (yes, most are dots but you have to spam those shields). Just spam shields and the occasional convert, then finish each off with Helephant. Don't use AOEs unless you know for sure it will finish both enemies off at the same time.

Also, you could throw in chokes and smokescreens since they are fire enemies and will fizzle. Quench works well too, if you know they are about to hit you with something big.

Finally, healing management is key in this dungeon. You are trying to conserve as much potions as possible to make it through the dungeon. Try to get the last enemy as low as possible without killing them and then heal yourself as much to full as you can (so your full life for the next fight). Then finish them off.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Thank you everyone for replying!

After reading through all the posts, I went onto the game and bought up as any ice guardians as I could. They won it for me, along with the prisms.

So Thanks again!

Jason Fireshield

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
WizKidJ wrote:
(please don't give me the stories about how your Pyros have soloed DS in a matter of hours- you're obviously more superior than me and are perfect in every way, shape or form).Jason Fireshield, level 43 Pyromancer

I am a level 60 Pyromancer who has spent like half a year in DS at level 49! (I got to level 50 in CL)

See ya 'round!

,Tyler LifeCaller Lv.60
Ryan SilverCoin Lv.35
Taylor LifeCaller Lv.12
Cameron SpellCaster

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009

Round 5:The take 250 and deal 600 spell. (600+1.3%+1.35%+1.25%=1,300)

Just thought i'd mention the spell is Immolate.

Justin ThunderSword
Legendary Pyromancer