Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
Hi. I am a very annoyed PvPer. It has to deal with rank. My lvl 35 myth cannot reach Warlord. Do you want to know why? Because all I fight are lvl 60 people who have a rank of 200 or lower. How is it fair that they can rank down to 200 and fight people over 20 lvls below them? It is in no way fair. This is still a child's game that is supposed to be fair and balanced.

I think that there should be a level block for pvp. To elaborate, you cannot fight a person either more than or less than 10 lvls your current level depending on rank. If you have a high rank at lvl 30 you might fight level 40 but no higher. This makes it fair as in your fighting a tougher opponent but not an impossible one. It is still fair for your skill level. Also, someone who deems it necessary to rank down to 100 as they don't have the intelligence necessary for strategy and planning REAL pvp requires wont fight people over 10 lvls lower than them. This would be a fairly easy fix to do and would solve the entire issue.

It is not fair for a lvl 35 to fight lvl 60s. If KI won't fix the issue I honestly won't pvp anymore and would quit cause pvp is what I love. All I want is a fair fight. And for all you naysayers who are going to say I am just saying this as a poor sport, I lost to a lvl 28 fire. He deserved his rank and played amazingly. a 28 against a 35 is fair when that 28 has a rank of 1000. This is a real issue and I honestly can't take the cheapness and unfairness anymore. Please KI fix this so pvp is more fair.

Thanks

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
O.k it starts...

they are not ranking down, let me explain what is happening.

-the new point system is geared so that people of high level with less expierience are losing more points than under the previous version

-high skilled mid level duelists are driving then down in ranks and creating bigger level gaps in fights.

the point system should include level obviously but what we learn from this is that rank is a much greater way to determine matchups. your problems are a direct result of the "new" point system

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The Reason you are not getting anything but level 60's is that the system preforms a search, once it determines there is no people around your level and rank the search widens.

subjecting people to fight in a level range will limit the amout of fights meaning you will be waiting around longer for a fight. i remember as a high ranked legendary warlord i would wait three hours for a fight on the weekends in the summer...imagine after summer. What fun is pvp if you can't get a fight.

the solution to your problem lies within the point system, as i mentioned in the above post it requires some tuning. KI has been trying hard to work on PvP issues lately and i am confident that the team will sort this out.

Good luck and to make you feel better my level 10 is fighting level 50's with critical now at rank 1405 (thx to laura about reminding me of the challenge i liked...actually having fun now lol. i just see flaws in the system that will affect the average player and let's face the facts most people fall into that category)