Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Trade, Auction, & Crowns Only

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Is it me or is kingsile starting to put more and more "Crowns Only" and "No trade" and "No auction" items in the game?

It is cool to do it with a promo item or something but the way they have it there are tons of items that fall under these.
If you reveiw what they have done since celestia came out, about 1/2 of the items they released have been no trade no aution items, Which makes it hard to farm for gold in WT

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
acrios90 wrote:
Is it me or is kingsile starting to put more and more "Crowns Only" and "No trade" and "No auction" items in the game?

It is cool to do it with a promo item or something but the way they have it there are tons of items that fall under these.
If you reveiw what they have done since celestia came out, about 1/2 of the items they released have been no trade no aution items, Which makes it hard to farm for gold in WT

No trade and no auction items can still be sold (just not at the bazaar). Most of those restricted items from Celestia sell well into the thousands too.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
i know since my lv.60 has beat wintertusk and its not even like you can use the stuff

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
'No Auction' Tends to mean 'Best of that Level'.
'No Trade' tends to mean 'Cool Look!'
'Crowns Only' tends to mean Generic traits and Limited Edition qualities.

'Crowns Only' items help generate Revenue from Crowns Sales (micropayments).

'No Auction' and 'No Trade' items help generate Revenue from the Time Sink known as Farming from Subscribers.

Gardening 'No Auction' plants were rare Drop Exclusives until the Nature Lover in Nordrilund came out.

With each new upgrade to the game, there will have to be 'No Auction' items to drain the time from Subscribers and 'Crowns Only' items to drain the Crowns from the Micropayers.

For the most part, 'Crowns Only' items are also available as drops except for: Mounts, Elixirs, Henchmen, and Brand New items.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Let me fill you in why they did this, then how you can get around it.. They did this so that you could be rewarded with rare and great items! Maybe you could put it in your shared bank for a later wizard? If you don't want to do that, simply visit any other shop and sell it there. This is done only at the Bazaar. Why do they do this? So that other players cannot snatch, for example, the Legendary level 60 gear without having to even work for it! This isn't fair for the players who spent their time getting the gear themselves.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Ok I get that, But look at some of the drops from WT, There are some really useless drops that give like 5% accuracy boosts and nothing else that could easily be sold for 1500 gold at the bazaar, but since they are no auction they only sell for like 300-600, Items like that i see no reason for putting "no auction on it"

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
acrios90 wrote:
Ok I get that, But look at some of the drops from WT, There are some really useless drops that give like 5% accuracy boosts and nothing else that could easily be sold for 1500 gold at the bazaar, but since they are no auction they only sell for like 300-600, Items like that i see no reason for putting "no auction on it"

If they were useless and no one wanted them, then how will they sell for a lot of gold at the bazaar? The bazaar runs off of supply and demand. The more in stock an item is, the cheaper it can be sold for.

Why don't you ask for the regular merchant sell price to be raised?