Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game crashes during play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
i'm sorry for posting here but i don't know where else to turn i've tried submitting a ticket but it don't seem to be going through when i'm done and click next it's puts my email under new account then it says i can't cause my email is in use and i can't delete or anything else to make it work,

my problem i'm having is ,the game crashes during play i'm able to play a while but then when i'm in a battle it shuts down my monitor and the monitor won't come back on unless i force the computer to shut down as well then screen goes black and i'm not able to see anything when this happens, also i have a new video card a GE force 8400 my computer and video card is up to date i also have a good amount of memory on my computer.
please help thx
gigi3958

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That could be several things. You'll need to send in a ticket to Support.

Instead of using their Contact Us page,you might email the ticket directly to support@wizard101.com. They're going to want your DXDIAG file. go toStart/Run, type in: dxdiag , and click on OK or press the Enter key. Now click on "Save All Information". Save that file and remember its location. Then attach it to the email.

Administrator
Hello gigi3958,

Go ahead and send our support staff an email directly by using support@wizard101.com. Please include your Dxdiag report and try to explain like you did below exactly what happens when you play.

You can view a video HelpCast here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo5PrlxoX4

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your reply email.

Also, include the following:

Anti-virus Program: (Norton/McAfee/Other)
Internet Connection: DSL/Cable/Other)
Has Wizard101 Worked Before?:
What Internet Browser do you generally use?
What version of Internet Explorer do you have?

Thank you!

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Hello gigi3958,

Go ahead and send our support staff an email directly by using support@wizard101.com. Please include your Dxdiag report and try to explain like you did below exactly what happens when you play.

You can view a video HelpCast here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo5PrlxoX4

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your reply email.

Also, include the following:

Anti-virus Program: (Norton/McAfee/Other)
Internet Connection: DSL/Cable/Other)
Has Wizard101 Worked Before?:
What Internet Browser do you generally use?
What version of Internet Explorer do you have?

Thank you!
ty for the reply very helpful and i'll get right on my new message :)