Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Question About Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I have long been wondering how pet talents are distributed to a hatched pet... When you hatch a pet will it only receive talents that the parent pets had manifested (or are going to manifest)? For example, if you hatch an Epic Sea Dragon that has the talents: Spritely, Spell-Proof, Pierce Train, and Pip O'Plenty with an Epic Sea Turtle that has the talents: Life-Giver, Health Gift, Life Blade, and Mana Gift, will the resulting pet's talents all be ones from those 8 talents the parent pets had? Or will the talents of the new pet just be randomly chosen from the potential talents that the parent pets had? I don't have much experience with hatching pets and when I ask other players this question I never get a clear answer... So if anybody here could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
It's random and will probably get two talents from each parent (I'm assuming.)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Mike,

As Tweety stated, the new pet does get at least two talents from the Parents, but it could be more or less.
The talents that you see, really don't mean much when hatching. You may get them or you may just get the hidden talents that you can't see.
The number of new talents you get also depends on how much your pet will increase. Let's say you have "Pet A" at 31, and you are going to hatch that will a Sea Dragon at 57. The difference between the two pets is fairly large, and therefore you may get a lot more talents from the Sea Dragon.

So for example, I just hatched a pet with my Sea Dragon, and because of the difference, I got 8 talents from the Sea Dragon. How can I tell, well the pet only had 1 pip talents and when the Hatch was born, it has 8 talents that did not have 1 pip.
So were I see a lot of people asking to see the talents before the hatch, remember, you may not get any of those. Even if you get them, they may not show up when you bring the pet up.

Joe.