Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce Still Broken from Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
On the test realm I sent in a couple bug reports because pierce didn't work. I'm sad to report that this has carried into the live game.

When pierce is cast the camera focuses in on the target but nothing happens. No smoke, no sound, nothing. Then after a few moments the round just continues and the shield is still in place.

This should really be fixed since pierce was one of the spells advertised having it's pip cost removed in the update notes. That doesn't really help if the spell literally does nothing anymore...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Dalicon wrote:
On the test realm I sent in a couple bug reports because pierce didn't work. I'm sad to report that this has carried into the live game. When pierce is cast the camera focuses in on the target but nothing happens. No smoke, no sound, nothing. Then after a few moments the round just continues and the shield is still in place. This should really be fixed since pierce was one of the spells advertised having it's pip cost removed in the update notes. That doesn't really help if the spell literally does nothing anymore...
i believe this may be a problem with the amulet spells, specifically. my conjurer cast pierce last night and it worked as it should. but then i got the amulet that gives the cleanse card and the card that removes weakness, but when i tried to use those spells, they did nothing.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
Dalicon wrote:
On the test realm I sent in a couple bug reports because pierce didn't work. I'm sad to report that this has carried into the live game. When pierce is cast the camera focuses in on the target but nothing happens. No smoke, no sound, nothing. Then after a few moments the round just continues and the shield is still in place. This should really be fixed since pierce was one of the spells advertised having it's pip cost removed in the update notes. That doesn't really help if the spell literally does nothing anymore...
i believe this may be a problem with the amulet spells, specifically. my conjurer cast pierce last night and it worked as it should. but then i got the amulet that gives the cleanse card and the card that removes weakness, but when i tried to use those spells, they did nothing.
ok, i used pierce again last night and the first time i used it, it did absolutely nothing, so i was wrong. this is apparently a bug, unless pierce just flat out doesn't work sometimes. it didn't even fizzle, but then with 126% accuracy with it now, it can't fizzle. my guy didn't even try to cast it, it was like my turn just skipped. but then, for the rest of the night it worked fine and i used it about 6 more times to be sure. it worked every time but the first for me. what's up with that? -eli darkthorn

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Hmm I'll have to test that out. When it didn't work the first time I just switched it out for shatter. I'll try and see if it'll let me use it after the first fail. It's still definitely a bug though because it shouldn't be unable to work the first time.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
No, I don't think it is a problem with the amulet. I notice it hasn't been working either. I thought that it had been changed. I've also been noticing the cleanse ward is having similar problems intermittenly.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Well, i'm not certain if it was fixed or if i was just having good luck over the past 2 days, but it worked each time in that span for my conjurer, including the first. is anyone still having pierce failures? also, is there somewhere to view what bugs have been repaired on the message boards or elsewhere? -eli