Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks in Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I tried getting in this very difficult area with another Legendary friend who had the same quest. We stood on the sigils together. Then when we got in, we were separated. I was in by myself. How did this happen?
I can't be expected to fight 4 level 10 Elites by myself. Is there a glitch or what. I was looking forward to this dungeon.

Community Leader
No, try going back out then back in, it happens sometimes when someones comp is slower than the other.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
mare62 wrote:
I tried getting in this very difficult area with another Legendary friend who had the same quest. We stood on the sigils together. Then when we got in, we were separated. I was in by myself. How did this happen?
I can't be expected to fight 4 level 10 Elites by myself. Is there a glitch or what. I was looking forward to this dungeon.

If he had been inside already and hadn't exited by the door or logging out then he would have gone back into the Instance he had already been in, to rejoin any friend(s) whom might have been waiting for him inside. Either that, or he was massively lagging and hadn't yet loaded into your instance.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mare62 wrote:

I'm not certain, but if one of you had the quest open from a previous encounter (your friend was just in the zone prior), that person continues on whatever portion they were just on. Example, if your friend had just died on the boss and was reentering the zone (within 30 mins), your friend continues to fight the boss. I believe you start at the beginning of the internal quest series (the quest that automatically starts at the entrance of a dungeon), even though both of you have the external quest (from Herman). I'm not certain, since I haven't tested that, but that may be why. Did you try going in with someone else?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
mare62 wrote:

If you entered that area by yourself at an earlier time (less than a half hour before) then you were continuing your instance. Since your friend wasn't in there with you the first time, they could not join you so went to their own instance. To reset it properly, both of you would have to leave using the entrance or wait a half hour for it to reset on its own.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
kingurz wrote:
mare62 wrote:

I'm not certain, but if one of you had the quest open from a previous encounter (your friend was just in the zone prior), that person continues on whatever portion they were just on. Example, if your friend had just died on the boss and was reentering the zone (within 30 mins), your friend continues to fight the boss. I believe you start at the beginning of the internal quest series (the quest that automatically starts at the entrance of a dungeon), even though both of you have the external quest (from Herman). I'm not certain, since I haven't tested that, but that may be why. Did you try going in with someone else?

I thought Waterworks was suppose to be a No Teleport Zone therefore if you left for any reason, espially penalty of death, - that's it - reset.

Historian
May 01, 2010
FleurDeMort wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mare62 wrote:

I thought Waterworks was suppose to be a No Teleport Zone therefore if you left for any reason, espially penalty of death, - that's it - reset.

it is, but it isnt, you cant port in, but its like the warehouse, you can walk in the front door if you die or port to commons.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FleurDeMort wrote:

Sorta. On my previous post, I failed to mention that the method of reentry for each wizard was via the sigils, not porting in. You are correct, you cannot port into the Waterworks like other similar dungeons (your friend will be busy). If you walk out of the Waterworks, that too will bring up the warning message telling you will lose progress if you walk out.

However, if you die or if you teleport to the commons you can reenter the dungeon at the same progress you were prior by using the sigils outside the dungeon (if you do it within 30 mins). But if you are doing this with friends, you both must reenter at the same exact time.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
mare62 wrote:

Uhhm, if it only happened once it is kind of a bit naive to write in for just one LITTLE glitch.... (I mean, (Very Naive) heheh)

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
FleurDeMort wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mare62 wrote:

it is a no teleport zone. but you can enter again if you go into the dungeon at the entrance.