Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells and what they do

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Some spells in the game have no reason to be a spell. For example, The taunt spell, it goes onto an enemy but does nothing to him. Also, the spell that has a white bird picture on it, {Sorry, I forgot the spells name} What does it do Please, please, please, answer back

Historian
May 01, 2010
amiramir321 wrote:
Some spells in the game have no reason to be a spell. For example, The taunt spell, it goes onto an enemy but does nothing to him. Also, the spell that has a white bird picture on it, {Sorry, I forgot the spells name} What does it do Please, please, please, answer back

you can call them taunt/ soothe, they make enemies focus more on you, or makes them focus less on you it was a life saver when we went through briskbreeze, everyone attacked our ice not us

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Taunt makes the enemy attack you. The dove spell is opposite. It makes the enemy NOT attack you.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Taunt attempts to cause the enemies to attack the caster. This is useful if you have a lot of health (i.e. Ice Wizard) and want the enemy to attack you and leave other wizards with less health (i.e. Storm Wizard) alone.

Calm (the dove) attempts to stop the enemies from attacking the wizard it's used on and get the enemies to attack other wizards. It's useful to cast on an enemy with low health whose teammates have a lot of health.

Note three things about both of those spells:

1) They're useless if you're fighting solo (but not necessarily useless if you have a minion or henchman).

2) They don't work in Player-vs-Player battles.

3) They don't work every time.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
amiramir321 wrote:

The spell taunt does do something.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/34185.ftl#190788

The white bird spell (Pacify, Calm, Subdue and Soothe) do the exact opposite of taunt. Reduce Threat on Target. Makes enemies go after someone else in your group.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Taunt spells and Soothe spells will only work if there's more than one player fighting the enemy, Taunt will increase a monster's threat level toward you, while Soothe will decrease it.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
The effects of these spells are written on their cards in plain English. Taunt "generates threat on the target", which means it makes the targeted monster attack you, and Pacify (the card you're referring to, and by the way the "white bird" is called a dove) "reduces threat on target", which means it makes the targeted monster not attack you.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
well, taunt doesn't work on most creatures. Elites and bosses are immune to taunts. Wizards are too also, the bird card is called pacify, and on normal monsters it directs their attention away from you.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
"Shine On...."

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
well, taunt doesn't work on most creatures. Elites and bosses are immune to taunts. Wizards are too also, the bird card is called pacify, and on normal monsters it directs their attention away from you.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
"Shine On...."

This is untrue. Taunts work on all NPCs including elites and bosses. Stuns and Beguile are the only spells that don't work on bosses.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Guys, I've always wanted to now. However, Whenever I try stun spells on celestian bosses, They never get stunned.

Keep posting :D

Hunter WildHorn

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
If you put the beguile on the minion of the boss it will attack the boss. I agree, beguile doesn't work on the bosses.
Soothe and taunt I normally don't use.