Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please fix Labyrinth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I understand that the Labyrinth is a dungeon, but you should not have to battle all the bosses over again to get access to different areas. Once I have beaten the dungeon, I should be able to go back and get to the Obsidian Chest (I wouldn't mind just having to battle the Headmaster again) or find the rose if for some reason I didn't get it the first time. It is extremely time consuming to have to battle everyone all over again just to finish a side quest in that dungeon. Plus it's not like you get more experience points when you go through it again.

There are other dungeons that you have to go back to and complete quests, but I'm pretty sure you do not have to battle all (as in every) the bosses to get access to the areas you need to get to. Please allow us to get across the bridge and open the Gates of Despair without having to follow the whole storyline again. If we want to battle the bosses again, it should be our choice not a requirement.

Angel Lifeblood
Master Theurgist
Level 48

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I disagree. I think you should have to start the Labyrinth over. If they did this to this dungeon they would have to do it to all of them just like Malistare, Golem Court Tower, and The Temple Of Storms. Plus, they dont have to "fix" anything its just doing something to make the game 10x easier. Thats why I disagree :)

Justin Stormcloud
Level 52 Storm

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Is this due to the time required? Or you think the bosses are too tough?

I always look at it as a way to get more drops, and get XP for them.

By the way, there are a few schools who also have to do it yet again for their spell quest.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
To people having trouble with the labyrinth, go in with 2 or more people.
(2 is recommended.) Have someone go in a fight go the other/others go around the fight and the person in the fight presses Esc and logs out.
Then do it again and again until you get to the final boss and fight it.
That is a tip.
P.S. If that does not work plz plz plz reply

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Ok i got the answer. Start this dungeon with people who also need to do the dungeon. Then when you start, make sure nobody has to leave in about 1 hour. Once defeating the final boss, have someone mark the location and once you need the chest, use the mark to port there. You wont be able to get in if you took over 30 minutes cause this isn't a cheat. Once doing that, the person who marked it will port in and the other 2 or 3 will go to the other chests in dragonspyre. Then the other 2 mark their locations and port to the person in the labyrinth. Once everybod has got the labyrinth chest, the weakest ones go to the boss that person had marked and fight the boss while the strongest one fights the other boss. It goes like this

Weakest wizards fight: The Strongest boss
Strongest wizard fights: The Weakest Boss

And keep doing that until everybody gets all the obsidian chests.

Mason Fireforge 60 pyromancer
Cowan Nightblood Level 54 sorcerer
Colin Mistblood Level 55 diviner

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
Is this due to the time required? Or you think the bosses are too tough? - Time required to do. I beat the bosses fine on my own, but I personally do not think finding the rose or getting to the Obsidian Chest is a big enough quest to warrant the time it takes in fighting the bosses again. In fact where all the other Obsidian Chests are in the Spiral, I can go directly to where it is and I only have to fight that particular boss.

I always look at it as a way to get more drops, and get XP for them. - and that's perfectly fine to get more drops. I do it all the time. But if I just want to find the rose or open the Obsidian Chest, then why do I need to fight all the bosses over again? If anything, have us fight the first boss to get the key again to cross the bridges, but then we have access to all areas. And I say this is only done for wizards who have completed the dungeon already.

By the way, there are a few schools who also have to do it yet again for their spell quest.

And I'm one of them. Having to fight bosses over again for a new spell is perfectly fine. But as I stated earlier, I believe this is the only dungeon with the exception of The Emperor's Retreat in Krokotopia that does not allow you to get access to all areas until you've beaten the bosses. Even if you've completed the dungeon already. The problem is the Labyrinth is much more time consuming.