Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2009
I wish that pets had a bit more personality. I think it would be cool to play with your pets and have a happiness bar that would affect how often pets would do stuff like spritely and also affect percentages on talents like pain-giver.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Alura BH on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Ooh I shall make a pet family tree too!

Amber (Phoenix) is married to King Zeus (orthrus) who doesn't mind her being a breeder, which is a pet that hatches with many different pets, meaning lots of relationships and rarely seen children. She has many daughters and sons. Her daughters are that live with her are; Miss Fluffy, (Inferno Beast) Madame Fluffy, (Wendigo) Pepper, (Easter Egg) and her sons, Boomer (Phoenix), and more! (...that I can't think off right now ) She lives with her many brothers and sisters, (well not really, but adopted/hatched by the same person) some of them her good friends Buster (Helephant), Chico (Bravehound), Kobe (Efreet), and Sydney (Strange Beast). Their story shall be told soon.

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1
Alura Rainheart, lvl 27 , sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 25 , sister #3

Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , sister #4

Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Kestral Wintergrove, lvl 5 , sister #6
Me too! It's short but growing.

Dakota and Lady Patch made(Dakota is a judgement, Lady patch is a Emberstone tiger)
Lady Cali and Ruby (Both emberstone tigers, the children)
Lady Cali's pedigree is 61, Ruby (My pet) is 67.
Lady Cali hasn't bred yet, but Ruby, my awesome pet, has had a successful life and trained spiritedly for me.
She went on to breed with Dakota, but that was a bad breed, though both had a pedigree over 60, the new emberstone tiger resulted in a pedigree of 55. That was the other day, so I forget it's name.

As for the ideas, I just want some more hybrids.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
ixGothikax on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Pets being able to cast their own attack spells on enemies would be pretty cool And they could have their own pip count and depending on what school type they are determines what spells they cast! That would be cool!!
There are "May Cast" talents pets can learn.

I have pets that heal as well as attack.

Level 90

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I wish once our pets become adults we can use them as mounts. They are mounts when you are not in battle, and then become regular size when you go into battle. They should have there own attacks and ways to boost there may cast chances and stats. Also a way to decorate and change colors of our pets.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
I think what would be really cool is to be able to interact more with your pets such as playing, petting, etc. And the more you do this like when in your home then pet will love you more and actually cast more. just a thought anyway. And i do think there should be a way that our pet does cast more in battle i have two pets that cast life bat and unicorn but only ever so often they stop a few battles then cast like crazy wish was more constant.

Jasmine Dragonrider

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
I think it would be nice to dress pets and nice to train them. I also like the idea to play with pets and have pets help in battle more. I was thinking that in your deck section you know how there's a normal slot and treasure card slot? I was thinking maybe there could be a pet deck slot. It would be the deck of your equipped pet. The cards would be a May Cast thing for your pet. You could train your pet starting at any school rank 1 (if life not healing) and the pet can learn any spells that you have (but in trained order) The pet could have one or two deck spaces. You could train it the first fire and then the second balance (or whatever which means you can mix school learning for pets) You would have to train them (sort of level them up (special quests like case of the missing grub or something) that would give pet xp (not for aging but for leveling). beginning you can put in any first spell of a school that you have learned for the pet deck and then at next lvl second spell of any school ext. They might cast the spell as long as it is in your pet's deck slot. If your pet already has a May Cast it will be stuck in the pet deck.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
i would like them to have an attack like the wand attack or something but different for ever pet. that why we would see the same pets over and over! and every pet would be unique.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
TheHelper369 on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
I wish once our pets become adults we can use them as mounts. They are mounts when you are not in battle, and then become regular size when you go into battle. They should have there own attacks and ways to boost there may cast chances and stats. Also a way to decorate and change colors of our pets.
The best idea ever. I would really like to ride my Spider Golem!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
would be great if you could actually choose your pets talent the whole train it till you get lucky thing really annoying :P I have been trying to get a pet with pain for 2 years now i: I've hatched over 30 times :[ please consider this idea I am sure that many other players would love this

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I think it would be cool if you could buy gear for your pet, like some pet gear could give you new cards your pet can cast, for example. Some pet gear could boost your CHARACTER'S stats, and others could just be for style that doesn't really do anything, like Jester's Motley or Spellbinder's Hood; meant for Stitching.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I think that our pet should grow until it gets to mega. If they grow enough, it would be cool if we could ride our pet :3 (Just a little or no speed boost because then it would ruin the meaning of mounts). Also, it would be cool if we could dress up our pets. It would be cute x3. Another idea is a pet park so then pets can play with each other and maybe you can teach your pet to do things.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
So I was thinking, if you could train your mount too You could level it up, so if your mount makes you go +40% then you could train it to make you go +50%, or something like that.

Just an idea

Trevor FoeRider: Level 54

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
Well there are a few things that this game can add in terms of pets, here are some ideas: Being able to do more with pets such as Maybe every turn they can may cast something (kind a makes the game a bit easier). Like pet races, maybe pet pvp (I would say it would be like, pets attacking each other by head butting or scratching or fiery breath). Pets to be your guide in the game would be awesome, example: To tell you how much xp you have left before you level up, to tell you how many friends you have online, and even incoming friend request. Pets that move out of the way when an object is coming near them (to prevent being stepped on by other players or walking into the wall, instead of phasing though it/ someone). I suppose teaching pets tricks wouldn't be too bad. When leaving, then coming back to my house, I would notice the pets being in the same place that I placed them in, it would be nice if they could move around a bit more even after I leave, to appear lively. Pets that come in all different shapes and sizes is reasonable, but maybe if I could get a pet that I start out with, that all wizards start out with, an egg, that hatches to be a small pet, then grows to mega and becomes a mount with it's traits: meaning may cast and such. Going back to that last point, on the shapes and sizes, maybe wizard101 can have pets ride on our shoulders while we walk, or just changing the "tag along" position in general, example: holding your pet in your arms (fire cat or something small). And then the last thing is maybe if pets could craft items, mini health potions, I notice they don't have those in wizard101 now, I suppose it can work either way please take my ideas in to recognition.

Andrew Ravenshade level 36

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
You should be able to choose if your pet casts a spell or you and your pet should be able to have health and mana and energy so you don't have to waste your own when your pets cast spells. They should definitely get to cast a spell every turn if you want them to.

Alia Winterwhisper level 17

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I wish I was able to pet bathe and feed it and when I say feed it I mean out of a bowl not snacks and the food you buy to feed it could level it up over time and the better the food the more it cost and the quicker it will level your pet up some food could even cost crowns oh and I would also like to dress it up I love dressing up my pet in RL I would love to do it on wiz101 because my unicorn must be cold on colossus Blvd.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
I think the Pet system is right as it is now and I would only add a few minuscule things

1.- Maybe when your character's pet is close to another pet they could engage in small battles or maybe chase eachother around the owners, basically just interacting with other pets

2.- Loyalty points based on how much you take care of them (Training and feeding them) these points would add to the possibilities of your pet using the so called "May trigger talents"

3.- And being able to carry your pet as a piece of headgear for the sake of humor :P

Andrew WildGem lvl12

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Perhaps once your pet reaches the age of Mega, they would have the option to become a Mount or Minion. A humaniod pet like an Efreet or a Triton would be a Minion and an animal like a phoenix or dragon could be a mount.
-Steven Dragonflame Level 84

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think it would be awesome if you could have pet duels with other players.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
hugsforyou on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell
YES! I believe that would be a awesome idea. I remember when i was in the pet pavillion playing the dance game, and the pet would celebrate after. Also, you know how your wizard celebrates after winning a battle? i would really love to see a pet celebration:D

Angel GhostBlade- Level 31 Diviner.
Currently in: Hamotshu Village ( is that how you spell it?)
Add me if you see me. always willing to help. :P

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
I really like that clothing idea, but that would be a lot of programming...
I think maybe lowering that to just accessories, it might be better - like a little bow, or shades, etc.
I read a post about interacting with your pet - that would be awesome! Playing with it, and also petting it, etc.
I hope pets will become more of a best buddy to the wizards soon!

Heather Thunderhand (45)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Flair128512 on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
I have a series of ideas. I think that for 1. you should allow them to fight with you insted of them just standing there. that is why people don't like buying pets. the stronger the pet, the more it costs and the more it costs... that goes into my next quote...
I also think for 2. you should make the pets with higher value do tricks! ticks would be cool! i have seen that this game is based ALOT on toon town. so there are these things on toontown called doodles, they are pets and you can teach them tricks. something you could add as your oun websites is making pet shows! witch goes into my next resion...
I have played alot of games ok? like runescape, toontown,webkins,world of war craft, call of duty... i am into the medevil games though. anyway, i was thinking and wondered if you could make pet shows, i thought... maby you could earn something like tickets at the battle arena! only something different like................... coins! you could trade them in for things! and that goes into my next model idea!...
With the coins you earn for this you could customize you pet! for every pet you could buy collers, hats, shirts ( on only spacific tipes of pets. ) and other cloths.

senserily, Wolf Hawkcrafter-

PS. please make this a part of wizard 101! i am a huge fan! i play every day and i even got my mom, dad, little brother and little sister, cusin, uncle, and my grandpa to play it! I just love this game! Please?
I agree because when your pets do absolutely nothing they might as well not be with you at all. If you buy a pet, then they should help you without you having to tell them to. And I also luv luv luv this game it would be awesome if you guys listened. Just don't let it be like those other games where they ask for what you want to be better but then they don't do anything a bout it...............

VERY SINCERELY, Alia Winterwhisper -

Survivor
Jul 30, 2013
I would really like to be able to dress up my pets

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
I have a Leopard named Whiskers he is a boy and he is in the Fire School we are best friends. I was thinking it would be really cool and fun and it would bond our friendship a lot more if you could grow Pet snacks. In the Pet Pavilion, there would be another shop selling seeds ad you could grow pet snacks with them. After some time, (it depends what you're growing) you can harvest them, and when you do, it will be sent straight to your Pet snack inventory. So Mrs. Greyrose, if the ganme could be updated for my idea, (I saw a few others and maybe you could add them in too?) that would be great. Thanks!

Sincerely, Anna Firestone

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Anna Firestone on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
I have a Leopard named Whiskers he is a boy and he is in the Fire School we are best friends. I was thinking it would be really cool and fun and it would bond our friendship a lot more if you could grow Pet snacks. In the Pet Pavilion, there would be another shop selling seeds ad you could grow pet snacks with them. After some time, (it depends what you're growing) you can harvest them, and when you do, it will be sent straight to your Pet snack inventory. So Mrs. Greyrose, if the ganme could be updated for my idea, (I saw a few others and maybe you could add them in too?) that would be great. Thanks!

Sincerely, Anna Firestone
A lot of plants give pet snacks as part of their harvest. Perhaps those will help you out?

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I always use a mount. I use it because it is faster to travel this way, but I don't like the fact that you can't see your pet. I think it would be a good idea to have your pet either following you on your mount, or on the mount with you.

~*~*~ Olivia DawnBlood Level 33 Diviner ~*~*~