Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Helpful Techniques!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
I did some surveying, reading, and experimenting with characters to see which school has a better chance of surviving, etc. Yes I know all schools are equal but this will really help you with school choice. Also Pros and Cons and really good techniques probably not covered yet. This is to help you all!

1. Fire-lingering spell
Pro-2nd most powerful
Con-Low health and accuracy
Technique- Fire is high damaging when damage over time here is how to get around shields. Spells that do little damage and then start lingering are perfect to destroy shields and still do damage like Fire Elf. Also spells like Imolate(The spell that takes 250 to deal 600 damage) are really useful. Let say you have a ton of traps of you. Just put a fire shield on and you do damage and get ride of the traps!
Goes really well with: Life-for healing, Myth-alternate choice for shields

Ice-defense
Pro-best survivor (One of the best schools in my opinion)
Con-damage is way to low
Technique-Ice is simple put shields up and charge up charms then attack. Steal ward is really handy here so I suggest you keep these.
Goes really well with: Life-healing, and any powerful spells, Sun (for better damage)

Storm-attack
Pro-damage
Con-low defense
Technique-Fairly simple, shield, charms,wards and attack! I would definitely recommend shields first. Storm is super powerful so you should care for that second.
Goes really well with: Ice-tower shield, Life Spells, Death (steal health and feint), and(or) sun if you want even more damage

Balance
Pro-variety of spells (One of the best classes)
Con-not a lot of damage
Technique: Balance is the best when it comes to strategy. I have balance myself and here is my reliable technique. Begin with balance blade and any else. Start putting shields up at this stage. Throw out attacks. Shield, charm, attack, etc.
Goes really well with: Anything especially sun (more damage)

Death
Pro-steal health (One of the best classes)
Con- not a lot of damage
Technique: Fairly simple, put charms up and land attacks. I would suggest using steals only if your health is low. Also use beguile when you see your opponent has charms lined up and has a lot of pips (covers both monsters and PvP). Spells like Empower and Sacrifice can take care of traps when you have a death shield.
Best Class to go with is Storm

Myth
Pro-Minions and getting rid of shields
Con-Traps are not helpful and not a lot of damage
Technique: Traps here are not really helpful except for Medusa, etc. Other wise, it will be wasted by 2-step attacks. So do not keep a lot of these. I recommend using Spirit Blade, Myth Blade, Time of Legend and done! Use 2-step spells to get rid of shields.
Best Class to go with is Fire-for lingering and shield getting rid of

Life
Pro-Healing
Con-Attacking is terrible
Technique: Simple, healing! Charge up attacks and heal when necessary. Even though they do not have a lot of damage spells, heals are really helpful here!
Best class to go with: Storm and Sun and Polymorph

Hope this helps!

Adherent
May 20, 2010