Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Um... No Capital Letters?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
It seems that, since the new updates, I am unable to use any capital letters, no matter what I do.

I believe this is some kind of bug. Did this happen to everyone? What is the reason this happened all of a sudden?

Please tell me what you know about this, KingsIsle.

Administrator
KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications.

Okay, that's what I thought. I'm not used to typing without capitalization. But I guess this will fix bigger problems than it creates

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Hoo boy, that is gonna cause an issue for me... So not used to typing without any kind of capitalisations. Makes me glad that most friends on my FL have open chat, though.

Still, couldn't the issue be somewhat solved by, say, an automatic program that converts all capital letters to non-capital?

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Love the site. Love the game. Deeply appreciate the EFFORT being made by KI to keep it clean and family oriented. Mean it. The non-profit generating LABOR you commit to these goals ... ASTOUNDS me.

Please note ...

These types of actions did not work during Prohibition.

These types of actions have cost us trillions in the War on Drugs.

Gun Control has not prevented a single firearm related murder, much less lowered their overall frequency.

Forcing certain individuals to register address changes has done nothing toward reducing the crimes for which they were convicted.

Increased Airport Security beyond what was already in place prior to the Homeland Security Act has not prevented ... anything. Everyone that has been caught failed a new mechanized process, not a manual one.

Laws, rules, contracts, removing privileges from EVERYONE to prevent inappropriate actions by a few, DO educate the rank and file on what kind of behavior is not going to be tolerated, but they PREVENT no one who is determined to misbehave from doing so.

Prosecution does .... given time.

Automated prosecution ... does it immediately.

If you "code" it, they will "leave".

Meanwhile ... I support whatever temporary manual methods you deem adequate to this impossible to manually enforce task.

;)