Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family Play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
First I must say wizard101 is a great game to play as a family.

The only issue seams to be from a game play perspective is that unless you level with your child(children) 100% of the time the quests are unavailable for all but the one character at that specific point.

It would be my suggestion to make quest trees available on their own so my child with level 20 quests at the Krokosphinx are available to my other child that is level 17.

With 3 kids and me and my wife's characters it makes it very difficult to enjoy the game together.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Kraqule wrote:

The only issue seams to be from a game play perspective is that unless you level with your child(children) 100% of the time the quests are unavailable for all but the one character at that specific point.

It would be my suggestion to make quest trees available on their own so my child with level 20 quests at the Krokosphinx are available to my other child that is level 17.

With 3 kids and me and my wife's characters it makes it very difficult to enjoy the game together.

You might want to have multiple parental characters, each one selected by the child you wish to play with on that character, as their 'special' parental character.

Survivor
May 22, 2008

We just have the higher level players always help out the lower level ones. That way, the quest areas, (Dungeons, or portals into quest areas) are available to everyone.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Kraqule wrote:

That is a frustration, since to play together, everyone has to play together all the time to stay on the same objectives. However, there is one flaw with your solution. Since experience is really obtained through questing (not killing monsters) and with a subscription you can port to anyone at any level, what would stop a level 10 porting to a friend in DS and completing quests not designed to be completed at level 10? Level 10s could complete the mana lamp quest (running around and turning lamps on) to get massive amounts of xp. A restriction of same world/zone or quests within five levels of each other would have to be placed.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Kraqule wrote:

This is a great idea, but I am honestly afraid it has on little 'unbalancer'. What if, your child, just starting the game, wanted to 'jump ahead' and work on some of the parent's Celestian quests, nearing the end? Then, this game would be, well, a bit hectic, having level ones becoming level tens with the completion of one of their parent's small quest rewards.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011