Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points?--- Suggestion for KI

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
One of the things that many wizards do not think about when they first start playing is Training Points.

Many of us have used most or all of our training points in the process of leveling our wizards to be Grand Masters not planning for the future worlds of the Spiral.

Granted, we can buy back all the training points for crowns, but for many wizards that is not really an option with todays economy. Plus trying to decide Again, how we want to use them.

My suggestion is to use the completion of badges to gain more training points. Since most categories for the badges contain at least 3 badges to be earned, then why not give a training point for the final badge in each category except in the category of the Undead that requires 5 badges. For the category of the Undead, give 1 training point for the completion of the badge Undead Crusader and 1 more for the completion of Undead Slayer. This category requires the largest number of mob to be defeated, so it should also gain an additionl reward.

I think this would be a good way for players to earn those additional training points that many would like to have without having to buy their previously earned points back unless they just want to in order to change their secondary school .

This may also give them the determination to complete them as many of us know, that fighting the same mob over and over again can get very boring.
But being able to earn those points might just be the incentive needed.

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be worth the effort in order to gain more training points.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I did the original post for this back in February.

One of the issues that is popping up a lot is Training points.

Since the cost to buy them back even at a reduced crowns cost is still too high for many of us, I suggested using the badges as a way to earn more training points.

Yes, I know that can be as boring as the pet pavilion, but if KI would use this idea, it would be a benefit to us all.

You not only complete the badge, you also gain the drops that can be sold for gold as well as a few pet snacks but also gain a training point for the final badge in each category.

Most of the categories require 3 badges except the one for the Undead which requires 5 badges.

For the final badge in each category earn 1 training point and maybe 2 points for the undead. 1 point for the completion of Undead Crusader and another for the final badge of Undead Slayer.

Just a suggestion on another way to earn training points.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I love the idea, sign me up!

At least that is one vote. Thank you darthjt.

Please tell your friends and help keep this post from going to the graveyard.

I think it would help resolve some of the issues with training points myself.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
What I did is try different combos and if I didn't like the combo I deleted the wizard when I first started. Then as I got to know the game better, I decided what kind of wizards I wanted. I have tried all the schools and whatever secondary schools I have, I made a wizard . I have a life/ storm combo. I decided I wanted to try storm as a main and did that. I had a friend that was telling me all the neat stuff about death school so I decided to try it out. That is my second favorite wizard. She's death/ice. I like myth too so I have a myth/ice wizard.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

The idea to use the completion of badges for training points is a good one. I already took all my wizards to legend with 90% of then trained in life lol. This was because i needed satyr and using another school was not really pip effective.

I just think that we should be given our training points back when wintertusk open. i don't have the luxury of deleting wizards and i already crafted life robes for all of them :(

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That means wizards could gain all the spells available in the game by the time they reach Dragonspyre or probably earlier if they tried. Bad idea.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
That means wizards could gain all the spells available in the game by the time they reach Dragonspyre or probably earlier if they tried. Bad idea.

NO. AkihiroHattori5, they can't. There are badges to be gained from every world. So it is not that simple.

Here is a list of the categories that would have to be completed in order to earn the points. Now, Go look at what is required to complete those badges and then say it is a bad Idea.

Elementals-----Krokotopia, Mooshu, Celestia
Gobblers----WC--Colossus Blvd.
Giants-----Cyclops Lane, Krokotopia
Golems----Golem Tower, Krokotopia
Krokotopians----Krokotopia
Cats & Rats----Marleybone
Pigs & Samoorai(Ronin)----Mooshu
Draconians---Dragonspyre
Undead----Unicorn Way, Triton Ave, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu
Draonspyre
Spiders-----Krokotopia, Mooshu, Marleybone, Dragonspyre.
Crabs & Sharks-----Celestia

I have looked at this for a long time. I have 2 Legendaries that have not completed all of these badges. Try it and see how long it takes you to finish one without some incentive. To give you and example: to complete all the badges for the Udead, which has the largest requirement, you have to defeat a total of 2000 undead for a total of 5 badges for that category.

So there is NO WAY all points could be earned before Dragonspyre.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

it was an alternative to respec since they refused to give us back our training points for free. Most people had used up all their training points before CL was launched. Most just randomly chose spells because they had training points to use.

But now that we have wisen up, we'd like to properly dispose of our training pionts in a way that is advantageous to us but you could almost buy a house with the amount of crowns it will cost to respec.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
That idea sounds awesome
I'd really enjoy it sence I want to learn all of the Moon school spells.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

it was an alternative to respec since they refused to give us back our training points for free. Most people had used up all their training points before CL was launched. Most just randomly chose spells because they had training points to use.

But now that we have wisen up, we'd like to properly dispose of our training pionts in a way that is advantageous to us but you could almost buy a house with the amount of crowns it will cost to respec.

Thank you Nico. I for one am glad I did not do random spells. I can see where some liked doing it that way but if you don't actually have any secondary attack spells, then there is not much to fall back on when you need it.

And thank you to forgetno4, and anyone else that thinks this is a good way to get those points we need.

As Nico stated, the cost in crowns to respec even at a reduced rate if you have a full class of wizards is enough to buy a house.

I have 6 on just one account and have started another. The only advantage I have with 3 on the original account is that I did not use all the training points on them as I did on the first 3. I would like to respec the first 2 as far as dropping some of the spells that I don't really need, but still keeping my original secondary.

Tweetybird18428, that system works fine if you have just started a wizard, but for some of us that have been playing for a couple of years and less for some, that is not an option that we really want to take. I would not even consider dumping my legends or grand masters and starting them over. I have worked too hard with them to get them to their current level.
But I do know I won't make the same mistake with the rest of my wizards.
I will just chalk the first 2 wizards up to a learning experience and keep going. I will continue to advance them as well. The biggest problem is that in order to get the Polymorphs that I need for those 2 is that you have to take those spells in the level order they are presented. You can't just pick the ones you want and skip the rest UNLESS KI changes that aspect of the game.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

NO. AkihiroHattori5, they can't. There are badges to be gained from every world. So it is not that simple.

Here is a list of the categories that would have to be completed in order to earn the points. Now, Go look at what is required to complete those badges and then say it is a bad Idea.

Draconians---Dragonspyre
Draonspyre

I have looked at this for a long time. I have 2 Legendaries that have not completed all of these badges. Try it and see how long it takes you to finish one without some incentive. To give you and example: to complete all the badges for the Udead, which has the largest requirement, you have to defeat a total of 2000 undead for a total of 5 badges for that category.

Dragonspyre or not ... those are way too many training points.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ruggz wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Draconians---Dragonspyre
Draonspyre

Dragonspyre or not ... those are way too many training points.

That only totals approximately 15 training points.

How many do you have to get to the Polymorphs or other spells that you want from Celestia? Most of those you have to take in the order given. You can't just pick the ones you want and skip the rest.

The way I see it, you are going to use most of those training points to get what you do want. And who knows what we will be facing after Celestia.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Wow, 15 more training points?! i mean it would make the badges actually worth trying to get, but that's even more training points than you get from leveling up. i like the general idea, but i think that's a little much. i think i'd have every spell i wanted with like just 4 more. -eli darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
What if you got a training point buy-back for free after earning all the badges? Just another idea, not really a serious one.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I did this as an idea to KI in order to maybe resolve some of the issues surrounding Training points.

Granted many of us would like very much to be able to respec our wizards, but I don't see KI giving us any FREE respec even for a few days. Some of us have more than one account with at least 6 wizards per account.

I am not talking about a training point for every badge that can be earned. I am only talking about the ones you have to really do a lot of boring fighting to get, and that is for the categories that require 3 or more badges to complete.

Or, if not for those categories, then 1 point for each of the secret bosses that have to be defeated to get a badge. This would be fewer points to earn as I am not exactly sure how many there are, but would be less than the original idea.

Another way would be by completeing ALL main and side quests on each world, which would amount to 1 training point per world.

There are actually a couple of ways that badges could be used to get training points and this was just an idea.

Survivor
May 09, 2009

This is the most epic idea I heav heard in weeks, and this is saying something

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
bobcheese2 wrote:

Thank you bobcheese2. At least there are a few that can see this idea as an alternative to getting a free respec from KI, which we would all like to see as a one time event, but not likely to happen.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
bobcheese2 wrote:

Thank you bobcheese2. At least there are a few that can see this idea as an alternative to getting a free respec from KI, which we would all like to see as a one time event, but not likely to happen.

Alright look, 15 Training points are outrageous. Maybe you should come to the conclusion for adding a training point each time you finish the main storyline in a world? Just an idea. But 15 Training points added onto the original set of training points we are allowed? Way too much.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ruggz wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
bobcheese2 wrote:

Alright look, 15 Training points are outrageous. Maybe you should come to the conclusion for adding a training point each time you finish the main storyline in a world? Just an idea. But 15 Training points added onto the original set of training points we are allowed? Way too much.

Ok. Ruggz, go back and read my post on May 3rd. I did give other options for earning training points and it was along the same idea that you have just stated. But I did not nor will I limit it to just the main storyline. I stated that it should be ALL MAIN and SIDE quests for each world. That is an additional (1) point per world in training points.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I could see the problem would be that new people will still waste the extra training points on spells they will never use, then when they understand the strategy of using them, it'll be that many more that they have wasted, which leads to even higher respec costs for the extra points to get back. otherwise, i'd be all for maybe another 5 or 6 points. i may have to start carrying 2 mastery amulets, then. -eli