Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You evil Marleybonian Dogs!

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This message is meant to be sent to complain not to the wizarding community, but the marleybonian community

I am not sure whether this should go in Wizard City, Krokotopia, or Celestia, because the dogs have invaded them! Here's what they think they are doing is right:

Wizard City, ok it is acceptable, but really, why don't you teach the wizards who visit marleybone! Your Place has enough to deal with!

Krokotopia: You doggies are scared because the tuts and krokotillians are 'attacking you'. In my opinion, THE DOGS are attacking Krokotopia and and KROKOTILLIANS AND MANDERS are just defending! You think you can just walk into some world and take away their history and artifacts? And you expect them not to attack?!?! DISAPPOINTING! I only went through the storyline for the MANDERS!

Marleybone: If you ask me, you guys deserve to be attacked, I didn't like helping your world after what you did to Krokotopia. Maybe ya know how the tuts felt about you attacking them!

Celestia: Ok, now this is just pathetic, you think that you're being attacked. Any common sense to understand the fact that YOUR attacking them and they're just defending by attacking, let them live by themselves, you marleybonians in Celestia are basicly the same thing as noobs to me.

Now Please tell me in the comments...

How do you think about the Marleybonians... the doggies... Give me a break... ok well thats all I have to say. :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
I know, right? That "gang uprising?" It's an attempt to actually have some power. And the dogs' response is to use out-of-towners as mercenaries to beat the hair out of every non-dog in the whole world.

As for Krokotopia... one of the MANDERS actually says something along the lines of "the Marleybonians are stealing our history!" This is in the Pyramid, too.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Well, to be fair, they are dogs. And isn't it in their nature to poke around stuff they find.

No complaints about Harold or Arthur in WC. Harold can be a bit of a downer sometimes, but Arthur is always cheery.

Even though Talbot and his brigade may have played a hand in angering the Tuts with their excavating, they DID try and help to fix it, even though we ended up doing the brunt of the work.

And seeing the political state that Marleybone is in, I wouldn't imagine wanting to stay there, either.

I mean, if you were a dog, would you want to live among mafia cats, gangster rats,and the occasional rabid Golem? I wouldn't. I'd book it to Celestia as soon as possible.

Speaking of Celestia, I wouldn't really blame them for it. it was a nice surprise to see my favorite W101 species kickin' it underwater. It was also a nice surprise to see that they added a new design to the female Marleybonian. That makes it more level.

But I digress. If you were a dog, and you suddenly discovered a very old shiny city underwater, and you had the tools to explore it, would you stay in Marleybone or go for it?

I would like to point out that it's ironic that the Marleybonians are looking for the secrets to Celestian magic, even though I've NEVER seen a Marleybonian do magic. Well, there's Arthur, but he doesn't really count. Alhazred can teach you more Sorcery with his eyes closed than Arthur could.

I personally have no quarrel with the Marleybonians. They're my favorite species of Wizard101, and I wish we could see more of them in other future worlds, but that may be just me. :-D :-D :-D

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Normally I dont mind the dogs but I can't STAND it when you have to go on the side quests about purses and jackets! They are just SO annoying! I mean can't they do that in their own time when we could have better things to do like defeating Meowiarty? (And why aren't the police defeating Meowiarty?)
Ugh! But I don't think all the dogs are bad though, Sherlock Bones is cool along with Ms Conrail and Watson.

Ellie Dreamglade
Storm Wizard (Lvl 37)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
Also, they took the Krokinomicon They didn't have anyright to do that! Dogs [in he game] are so pompous.They seem so calm when chaos is surrounding them in every corner. Why do we have to defeat everything for them anyway. I feel like a human slave! Can't they give it a break!?!?!?!!!!!!!! :x

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ya totally! and does anyone remember the final storyline queast for krok that leads you into mb?! they found the krokominican and made me battle all the way through that world just to find out that it was it marely! they knew all along. why cant i just tell them about what the order of the fang told me?! and then the guy at the royal musem wont let me take it. so i talked to the mayor (great idea for the ruler of the world to be ot on the street with the olearys runnin around) and he told me that it is safe. well you just scurry down to wolfminster abbey and tell THAT to the order of the fang

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
I kinda agree with you, but the Marleybonians are kinda based on the British, you can tell by their accent, Reagent Square, and another very easy hint, Barkingham Palace [when I saw that name on the Reagents Square map I said "oh, you have to be kidding me! :?"] Though the British invaded the Egyptians back in 19-something and Krokotopians are very much like the Egyptians, and the Marleybonians live in Marleybone so they didn't really invade Marleybone, or did they? though I can't explain them invading Wizard City and Celestia.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
FloridaH20 wrote:
I kinda agree with you, but the Marleybonians are kinda based on the British, you can tell by their accent, Reagent Square, and another very easy hint, Barkingham Palace [when I saw that name on the Reagents Square map I said "oh, you have to be kidding me! :?"] Though the British invaded the Egyptians back in 19-something and Krokotopians are very much like the Egyptians, and the Marleybonians live in Marleybone so they didn't really invade Marleybone, or did they? though I can't explain them invading Wizard City and Celestia.

They didn't invade anything, per se.

If you read the tomes all over Marleybone, you'd see that the dogs had been in Marleybone all along. They didn't invade Wizard City, because it's just Harold and Arthur there, and they're two of the nicest people there; extremely helpful when needed.

They didn't invade Krokotopia. They're excavating. I'm sure there's some sort of pact between the two worlds that allows the Marleybonians to excavate. If there wasn't, do you really think the Manders would just sit there and let TWO intruders wreck their personal space? At the very least, they'd move to another floating piece of land.

And I already explained my case about Celestia above, so I won't spell that out again.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, a wizarding history lesson!

The British explorers usually led the way for a British imperial force. Look at India, Egypt, the United States, and other places outside of western Europe. England tried to colonize practically every continent on the planet, and succeeded in spreading misery to most of the people they encountered along the way. It seems their dogs have the same bad habit and boundary issues in the Spiral.

IMHO, the place has gone to the dogs. We need more cats around to keep them in line :D

Defender
May 05, 2010
It's just like the real world, British people, maybe some Americans go to Egypt and poke around the 4,000 year objects, And Celestia , just like people trying to find atlantis or some space, So basically its normal

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
It is like the roman empire. Marlybone is like rome, krokotopia and celestia are like greece and all the other contries the romans invaded. all the contries rome invaded joind together and invaded and defeted rome so in the future the krokotpians and celestians will join together and attack marlybone.
personaly i am hoping for that and not just for the xp and rewards and stuff but just to watch marlybone fall

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Marleybonians are known explorers, thats why in Krokotopia, all of the marleybonians are wearing expedition uniforms, same with celestia. You cant blame discovery! Besides the marleybonians discovered celestia, Who can blame them for an extraordinary find!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
actually the dogs are defending them selves.

WC:yes its understandable

KT:the tuts and the kroks arent defending themselves they are the one s attacking not the dogs. the krok bosses keep saying they are going to control the spiral and no one is going to stop them. the tuts they arent doing anything. the tuts who are attacking the dogs are just controled by the evil kroks.

MB: the cats and rats are criminals

CL: sure the celestians are defending themselves from the dogs ( that one was right ) but that is because the celestians think the dogs are helping the shadow-web ( morganth's army ). also all those crabs and sharks and fish arent celestians they are part of the cruestation empire ( another enemy to the celestians ). the celestians are those alien looking creatures.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
FloridaH20 wrote:

They didn't invade anything, per se.

If you read the tomes all over Marleybone, you'd see that the dogs had been in Marleybone all along. They didn't invade Wizard City, because it's just Harold and Arthur there, and they're two of the nicest people there; extremely helpful when needed.

They didn't invade Krokotopia. They're excavating. I'm sure there's some sort of pact between the two worlds that allows the Marleybonians to excavate. If there wasn't, do you really think the Manders would just sit there and let TWO intruders wreck their personal space? At the very least, they'd move to another floating piece of land.

And I already explained my case about Celestia above, so I won't spell that out again.
The Manders can't tell the Marleybonians to leave Krokotopia, its their nature to help every living creature that comes to their world, thats why they helped the Tuts when they came. (I remember that all cause I just finished Krokotopia :P )

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
blackbird32 wrote:
Also, they took the Krokinomicon They didn't have anyright to do that! Dogs [in he game] are so pompous.They seem so calm when chaos is surrounding them in every corner. Why do we have to defeat everything for them anyway. I feel like a human slave! Can't they give it a break!?!?!?!!!!!!!! :x
I feel as though us wizards are being used by evil marlybone dogs! They want to make the spiral DOGS ONLY it seems! So they use us to kill every other living thing a ma bobber so they can rule the spiral it looks! And why do they hate cats? I LOVE CATS. Cats in real life are sneaky, fast, and prowl at night. Saffron Night Blossom. LVL 29 Ice (and yes I am in marlybone)