Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP? Or Complainers VS Chainers?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Hello my fellow PvPers :) It's me, Jack Titanblade. Now I know some of you are not so fond of me, but please keep an open mind about what I'm going to explain, coming from a chainer himself. It has come to my head that many people A: Don't truly know the rules and B: There has been a huge increase of how much complaining and whining has happened in pvp today. First off I would like to tell all and everyone of you for the last time, There is no possible way to ever cheat in pvp. I know some of you may think chaining for example is a way of cheating. But sadly so for some of you, it isn't. I am going to be a little harsh now but, Anyone who doesn't like chaining or complains and whines and complains some more about it, You guys are just lazy. Sadly to say, all you guys do is stand around and whine and complain until kingsisle does the hard work for you. Well soon enough, that plan wont work. Maybe, if some of you used your heads, you could develope a strategy on how to stop it, on your own. I would also like to bring the attention to the rules. Because everyone says chaining is reportable, well it's not. Using or clicking the report button is supposed to be used for people who go outside the chat filter or who swap account info, it is NOT however a device to use, just because you didn't conviction or shield from the chain. It specifically says in F.A.Q.S. "Even though it is not fun for the other team, chain stunning is NOT reportable." That is all I have to say and I hope that maybe some of you will take this as a + and maybe take the weight off of kingsisles shoulders so they dont have to fix something your not happy with. One important thing to remember. Each and everyone of us are given the same spells and opportunities, Everyone chooses to use them differently if you like it or not. I hope my message means well to everyone who read it.

-Jack Titanblade, Skyvault and EarthHammer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, I am extremely tired of people being so thick headed! So, there is no cheating in PvP and there is no way to cheat eh? Ok, for all of you that truly believe this, look for me, Chase MoonCaller in the PvP arena! I will be on my Myth Character! Have your Conviction spell ready, tell your whole team to have it ready. I will be in the 4v4 section, to show just how easy it is and how you can do nothing about it. Your only hope, is to go first, and have conviction ready, or you will be toast, because, you wont be able to cast another spell the entire fight. I will prove my statement!

Once again I will state this for the Record, KI is not going to Ban anyone for using spells they created, that would be bad business. People pay to play and they are not out to lose money, they are out to make it. However, just because something has not been fixed yet, doesn't mean they don't intend to fix it. Look how long it took Polymorph to get a level cap on it. Any way you want to look at that one, that was cheating in PvP, since, low levels were not supposed to have that spell. Yet, I don't think KI ever banned anyone from giving polymorphs to their low level wizards, do you?

So, for the next week, please look for me, because I can't wait to make you hate me!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I have to agree with you, the only way to cheat is to use a cheat engine or somehow hack. Chain stunning may not be a reportable offense, BUT you cant tell us to use are heads and develop a strategy against it and here are my reasons :-P.

1. Not everyone will have convection or stun shields, in fact, I don't have enough training points for it (wasted them on polymorphs). Now you cant tell me to reset my training points otherwise, from my point of view and anyone in the same situation as me will have to spend REAL money to be able to beat a chain stunning team.

2. Unless you go first, you cant even use a convection or stun shield. Enough said here.

3. Now, KI has tried to remove chain stunning from pvp and probably will try again (natural stun resist, changing the stun shields after a stun to an aura, etc.) So, this being said, KingsIsle DOESN'T want chain stunning in pvp. Yes, they say its not a reportable offense, but the only reason why is because KI will lose money from banning chain stunners. (You need a sub or crowns to do ranked matches.)

4. I've heard someone says it takes skill to chain stun. This is true, but barely. It takes no strategy which is what pvp is about. The skill that it takes is communication. This being said, ALL teams need this skill, its no only chain stunners that need to plan (who stuns and who quakes VS who shields who and who attacks.)

-Solstice64

P.S.
Your only defending it because you do it, if someone, even me, found a way to being unstoppable in pvp. I would not want that ability being taken away from me.