Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Casts too Frequently

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
I just played a PvP match with my level 10 against a level 12 with a Fierce Hound that had the Spritely talent. During the match it cast 6 times, once at both the end of a round and the beginning of the next. 2100 of free healing seems excessive for just one battle.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
crzydaisy wrote:
I just played a PvP match with my level 10 against a level 12 with a Fierce Hound that had the Spritely talent. During the match it cast 6 times, once at both the end of a round and the beginning of the next. 2100 of free healing seems excessive for just one battle.

Well, it only does that if the wizard has trained the pet. Consider the frequent healing an on-going reward for time spent cultivating pet traits.

Scarlet Ravensong, GM Pyromanceress

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
I agree. Pets' spritely casting is too excessive. They can cast when anyone in the battle fizzes, cast a ward, a charm, attack, heal, whatever...even multiple times that round. There is more time wasted on waiting for players pets spritely to be cast than the players casting cards themselves. I think the person that is casting a card and/or their target's pet have the opportunity to cast a spritely card. Or simmer that rate of spritely pet casting down a bit to the rate as the other pet's spells like cast ward or charm, pierce train, etc.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
crzydaisy wrote:

Ok, here is my advice to you, get your own pet that has the spritely talent! You are a very rare and small percentage of people that seem to like to mess the game up for everyone! You are not the only one playing the game and everyone can get a pet with this talent. So, if you don't like it, don't get KI to change it because you think it is unfair, get your own so it will be fair to you, instead of complaining because someone else has one!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:
crzydaisy wrote:

Ok, here is my advice to you, get your own pet that has the spritely talent! You are a very rare and small percentage of people that seem to like to mess the game up for everyone! You are not the only one playing the game and everyone can get a pet with this talent. So, if you don't like it, don't get KI to change it because you think it is unfair, get your own so it will be fair to you, instead of complaining because someone else has one!

Again you don't seem to get it. Spritly IS being cast way to often or the other spells are not being cast enough. this is not the only time people have brought this up here are just a few on a quick search

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/30269.ftl

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27928.ftl

I know you are getting upset with the attention being brought up about spritly darthjt, but facts are facts. The idea of having your pet cast a spell it a treat, a RARE treat, and should be that way. I have spritly on one of my pets and I DO have to say it casts spritly more often than any of the other spells on any other of the pets.
All people have been saying is, is that either the amount of spritly needs to either be tapered back a bit, or the other pets spells need to be bumped up % wise. I understand the criteria for spritly being cast (large damage, over time damage spells, etch) so in that case it would only make sense that Pierce should be cast just as often when someone casts a shield, or have the blade spells bumped up % wise as well, but as many can attest to, they DON'T
Out of ALL the MMO games I and my friends have played KI has really set the bar high with Wizard 101, an unlike other game creators they do take the time to read and take in consideration the ideas of their members.
So just because you see an advantage in the over casting of spritly and don't want it given up or even messed with. Many of us still see the unbalanced nature of this spell and are bringing it up to KI so the game can be made more enjoyable and balanced to all players, Not just those who have found a loop hole in the system to take advantage of.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Um, I don't mind my pets casting spritely too much. Instead of thinking of it as wasting time, think of it as planning your next strike.

Defender
May 30, 2009
I realize that allot of people have complained about this. But here is the way I see it. I have hatched countless times to be able to obtain a pet with this talent, spent a horrible amount of gold, crowns and time training them to find out that this talent didn't manifest in the new pet and went back to the hatchery to try again. When Christmas came, my kids got me an Epic gift card from GameStop. I spent yet more time training my fierce hound and FINALLY got a pet with Spritely. Then I set out to hatch and obtain a pet with this talent for all 6 of my wizards. I have had many, many, MANY fails with this but have managed to get a pet with this talent on 5 out of 6 wizards.

The point I'm trying to get at here is that there are allot of us who have put in an enormous amount of energy into our pets to get some random talent to manifest and NOW people are complaining that it's too much. My original ancient fierce hound has the ability to cast a death trap and does so quite often when I use Poison. My friend's fierce hound can cast a death shield and when attacked with death (and I've battled him enough on my death wizard to know this) will cast the shield quite regularly.

It isn't about the frequency of the spell being cast that is the problem. Obviously the "may cast" talents are triggered by specific things. The only thing that people are seeing often is spritely because you are getting attacked all the time. Whether it's in PvP or PvE...that's the point of the game! My "may cast death trap" talent is triggered most often by me using a certain spell and still there are times that it won't do anything at all during an entire match. I have seen pets cast blades, traps, shields, or attacks quite allot but some people only see the things that aren't in favor of them winning.

Constructive criticism is one thing. Asking for something to be altered because 1. you don't have it 2. you can't win against it or 3. you don't like it, isn't constructive. There have been too many things changed in this game to suit those who can't or won't find a way around something that is giving them trouble. It's not even about balancing the game with this particular subject. It's about what ONE person sees as excessive but others don't see it as such.

Eventually, someone is going to be complaining about how pets shouldn't be helping in battle at all considering all they can do. Now exactly how fair is it for those of us who have put in a good amount of time and hard earned, real life money if they start considering to change all things for those who cry "fail" at something that isn't benefiting them in the long run? Just like darthjt stated, you aren't the only ones playing this game and many people like this just the way it is.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
backwoodschopper wrote:
darthjt wrote:
crzydaisy wrote:

Again you don't seem to get it. Spritly IS being cast way to often or the other spells are not being cast enough. this is not the only time people have brought this up here are just a few on a quick search

I know you are getting upset with the attention being brought up about spritly darthjt, but facts are facts. The idea of having your pet cast a spell it a treat, a RARE treat, and should be that way. I have spritly on one of my pets and I DO have to say it casts spritly more often than any of the other spells on any other of the pets.
All people have been saying is, is that either the amount of spritly needs to either be tapered back a bit, or the other pets spells need to be bumped up % wise. I understand the criteria for spritly being cast (large damage, over time damage spells, etch) so in that case it would only make sense that Pierce should be cast just as often when someone casts a shield, or have the blade spells bumped up % wise as well, but as many can attest to, they DON'T
Out of ALL the MMO games I and my friends have played KI has really set the bar high with Wizard 101, an unlike other game creators they do take the time to read and take in consideration the ideas of their members.
So just because you see an advantage in the over casting of spritly and don't want it given up or even messed with. Many of us still see the unbalanced nature of this spell and are bringing it up to KI so the game can be made more enjoyable and balanced to all players, Not just those who have found a loop hole in the system to take advantage of.

You know, for someone who has an intelligent response, you sure Don't Get it. Fine ask for other spells to be bumped up, say they are hardly ever cast. That is fine, because honestly, that is the issue. May cast blades/traps/Auras/and Pierce Train don't cast often enough. That is a perfectly good complaint. However! It is Not very Smart to compare it to Spritely, which, with the pips and damage that MoBs do in Celestia, it just casts enough to keep you alive at times. The issue is not with spritely, but according to this topic, it is with spritely. Now, if you are just in PvP and you whine because you opponent has spritely, you should be banned from ever posting again because you are ... I wont say it I will be nice!

My main problem is, people whine and complain over everything, even the good things that happen in a game, and I am tired of it. You know, if you were storm and a pet cast storm aura one time, that would be too much!

And just because a couple people post on this topic does not mean everyone agrees with you, I just wish more people would respond and tell you how crazy you all are, but they know that I am on the case, so why bother!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
backwoodschopper wrote:
darthjt wrote:
crzydaisy wrote:

What unbalanced nature is spritely bringing up? You don't think anyone can get a pet with spritely? You think this game is only about PvP and it is so unfair to PvP Players? You state this gibberish with nothing factual to back up your case.

Like I said in my other post, The percentage is probably the same with all may cast spells, difference is, there are more triggers that activate spritely, since it is not a school specific trigger!

Now, should I call you a whambulance, or would cheese work for your whine?

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And on another note, instead of complaining that spritely gets cast too much, why not just go and get you your own pet to level the playing field. I know that Fierce Hound and Starfish give spritely, and I'm fairly certain there are other pets that do. Oh, wait, was that suggestion already posted? Sorry, but it's a good suggestion.
But if it makes you feel any better, I've gone through entire battles withut spritely being cast up until the very end when the enemy has been defeated.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Your guy's pet casts Spritely way to often? Could I borrow some of that luck? My pet seems to take a few battles before it is even a small chance it casts.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
KI, Leave spritely alone!

All too often, complaints arising out of PVP affect those of us who only quest and battle enemies (e.g., the change to wild bolt, the multi-pip wands being taken away). Please don't mess up another aspect of the game by removing something that is extremely helpful when battling enemies.

KI, this is one aspect of the game that I don't think has been balanced well. The game play and needs for those of us who quest is very different from those who PVP. Please try to distinguish these elements in some way, either by not allowing certain spells/equipment/enhancements in PVP or just let the PVP folks duke it out as was the original intent!

But I still ove the game! Thanks.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Another thread I can't seem to understand...

PVP means almost nothing in Wizard101 besides fairly ignorable items and a couple of nice badges, and if we continue using PVP to back up our arguements, this game will be ruined for those who don't prefer it.

Though I don't have a Spritely pet, I've seen its effects. Occasionally, the pet will cast a Treasure Sprite on the user.

In the REAL Wizard101, this is the best thing ever. How would you like six Heals around you while Sothmeket is trying to hammer away at you? Or when you're being ambitious and trying to solo Malistaire? Or in ANY place in Celestia?!? Are you getting the picture?

People who complain about being mass-Spritlied in PVP have no idea what kind of fire they're trying to start.

Complaining about things in PVP is stupid, because once again, IT MEANS ALMOST NOTHING! :? :? :?