Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some more improvements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
1. Pets are useless except as a gold drain. Make them give a buff of some
kind.

2.Change the battle angle down slightly. There are times when I can't see
how much damage I have done because it shows up offscreen.

3. Make wandering wisps collectable in combat like wandering monsters.

4. Make treasure cards tradeable or sellable to trasure card sellers.

5. Let a few wandering mana wisps go in battle areas.

Administrator
DaWiz100 wrote:
1. Pets are useless except as a gold drain. Make them give a buff of some
kind.

Many pets DO come with a card buff. It would appear in your sidebar just like your wand.

DaWiz100 wrote:
2.Change the battle angle down slightly. There are times when I can't see how much damage I have done because it shows up offscreen.

Yes sometimes this happens with very tall creatures.

DaWiz100 wrote:
3. Make wandering wisps collectable in combat like wandering monsters.

Do you mean wisps should enter the combat area and heal you as you duel?

DaWiz100 wrote:

4. Make treasure cards tradeable or sellable to trasure card sellers.

Treasure cards CAN be traded to other players! Give it a try, just click on another player who is willing to trade and you'll see the trading interface pop up. Move the cards you want to trade into the window and accept the trade when you're happy with it.

DaWiz100 wrote:
5. Let a few wandering mana wisps go in battle areas.

In the starter areas, there are both health and mana wisps in the battle areas, but in the higher level areas, the creatures keep all the mana for themselves.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
2. I agree. That's a major nuisance, and something should be done to fix it. I'm not sure if it's a problem of camera angle, resolution, or what.

3. Why should a red wisp heal you instead of healing the mob you're fighting?

5. As you get higher level, you get more mana, so you can go a lot longer without having to refill. By the time you get to Krokotopia, you should be over 100 mana. With the gear sold in Marleybone shops, you'll be well over 200 mana.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I hadn't seen any buffs given by pets. I apologize if I have missed this.

I wouldn't limit the wisps to one side or the other. Monsters could collect them, too.

I've got 164 mana and three potions. I would still like to see an occasional
mana wisp floating by so I don't have to leave an instance just before
going in to try beating a boss.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I don't want the treasure cards other people have either. What do I do with them if I don't want any? There is no provision for this.

More suggestions:

1. Make it possible to choose the number of pips put into X cost spells.

2. Make passing a half turn action instead of a whole turn. If I pass when it's my turn, it's the monsters turn. If I pass when it's the monsters turn, it's the monsters turn again. There are usually 2 or three monsters
so if the first passes it's the next ones' turn.

3. Speed up combat! Make spell animations optional.

4. Hotkeys for spells. 1-7 for spells in hand and 8/9/0 for pass/draw/
flee.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Turning random cards into X pip spells would probably make them too powerful, and players would start exploiting this. Unless, I just completely missed your point that you were trying to make.

The mana topic you brought up, you wouldnt leave an instance, or anything else for that matter, if you simply refilled your mana by popping your potion. After all, that is what they are there for.

As an example, in Krokotopia, I had about 150 mana or so. There was one wizard friend who equipped himself in such a fashion, he had only 58 points worth of mana. Try to complete your quests with only 58 mana. (He was a Death wizard, if that makes any difference.) If you find yourself running out of mana, simply equip yourself with more of it.

As far as I know, spell animations are optional in the options menu. I may be wrong, you may correct me on this if you like.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
There are X cost spells that use ALL of your available mana when you
cast them. The amount of mana spent for these should be optional.

Potions are also used to refill life points. You can't go up a counter-
weight tower without using three potions, especially if your luck
quotient has been decreased by the GMs because you make too
many suggestions for improvement.

Animations are not optional.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
DaWiz100 wrote:
There are X cost spells that use ALL of your available mana when you
cast them. The amount of mana spent for these should be optional.

Potions are also used to refill life points. You can't go up a counter-
weight tower without using three potions, especially if your luck
quotient has been decreased by the GMs because you make too
many suggestions for improvement.

Animations are not optional.
DaWiz,

I think you are mistaken with the X pip spells.

For example, "Tempest" is an X pip Storm spell. It does so much damage per pip when cast. If I have built up 6 pips, it will do 6 x ___ damage to the enemies, use all 6 of my pips, and drain 6 points of mana.

The amount of mana used is the same as the number of pips used for a spell. A 5 pip spell takes 5 mana points. An X pip spells takes X mana points. I don't see those spells draining all available mana.

Also, while it may seem that the GM's have altered your characters because you make many suggestions, I have a hard time believing that. If the Professors/Admins of the game did not want to have players offer up our advice on improvements to the Wizarding world, then I doubt a forum such as this would have been created.

Perhaps you are just more aware of the fizzles now than you used to be, and think there is a reason for it beyond the normal way fizzle rates are calculated. Have faith in the admins, they have done a good job in creating a fun game for many players. Don't accuse them of altering your character out of spite. It is rather rude.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Do your non-100% spells fail 1 time out of five no matter what the spell
percentage/gear accuracy buff is? Mine do. Either the percentages are
wrong, something is messed up in my installation or...

X cost spells automatically use ALL your available mana. I am just sug-
gesting that the amount of mana put into these spells be the casters
choice. If you have 6 mana pips it would be nice to be able to use only
2 or 3 to defeat a monster with a small amount of life and save the
rest for another spell.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
1. Give the wizard who defeats an opponent in battle a free pip.

2. Make the "Secondary School" an ACTUAL thing (and changable, for a cost) and make power pips usable for these spells as well.

3. Once again, make the number of pips put into X cost spells optional. I can't stress enough the importance of this. We are basically playing a CCG here. No other CCG I've ever played makes you tap all your mana for these type spells.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
lol sorry if i sound rude.
but i think all these ideas fail.

well maybe the extra pip after killing a monster.
that would be nice to have once in a while.

and btw when you fizzed a 100% spell,
maybe you had a black mantle on you at the time.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
DaWiz100 wrote:
2. Make the "Secondary School" an ACTUAL thing (and changable, for a cost) and make power pips usable for these spells as well.

No, that would be terrible. In other games that have a secondary class system without making skills from the secondary class obviously weaker than from the primary class, it's generally a complete nuisance that greatly reduces the game's replay value.

Furthermore, class balance is hard to do, and that would basically make them start from scratch and redo it. What would be the point in taking myth, ice, or balance as a secondary if you don't get the benefits that are the whole point of the class?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Then it needs to stop being referred to as a "secondary school". You load and unload your deck as the situation requires. Your secondary spells are the ones you put in to defeat a particular set of mobs. If you limit yourself to just a primary and secondary you are limiting your chances in the game.

By the way people, these are opinions, not demands. (Even though they may come out that sounding that way.)

And it says non-100% spells. My first non-100% spell cast has a success rate of somewhere between 65 and 75% as well as my first "kill" spell, meaning the first spell that has a potential of defeating an enemy, even though the percentages on the cards say I should have a 75-85% rate.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
DaWiz100 wrote:
Then it needs to stop being referred to as a "secondary school".

Then stop referring to it as a secondary school. Problem solved. Too often people borrow language from other games even where it doesn't fit.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
well that stinks for you.
i have a balance master and a death master and i almost always connect
with a 85% chance to hit^^

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Wizard101 refers to it as a secondary school. You see it when you get your first training point. There is no real reason for this.

Wizard101 encourages players to join in battles (promoting kill-stealing) and add other players to your friends list (promoting incessant badgering). There are a lot of complaints about these.
I'm hoping something will be done about it. That's why I post it here.
Do you have accuracy spells and gear accuracy buffs? With a 99% accuracy on my balance wizard (gear+spell) my spell percentage on non 100% spells still only hits slightly above 90% on a good day. Accuracy, for me, is situational not statistical. It's either rigged against me or broken.
I'm only saying what I see.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
what i would like to see is an option for the different schools that lets you choose which spell you want to learn once you have the appropriate level and not have to go through each one until you get the one you want. for example:
in life school the first spell is imp then some thing else and if you want to get the second spell you have to acquire the first one. it should be that you are allowed to get the second one with out the first one but just pay the difference in training points. so instead of learning imp which is one training point and then learning the second spell which is a another training point you could just learn the second spell at a cost of 2 training point.

this would be helpful if you wanted to learn a higher level spell and not have to learn every single spell that came before it.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Just suggesting things that would improve gameplay, and thereby increasing satisfaction in gameplay, which would increase the number of gameplayers.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Because of the restriction of the deck I don't see why we don't just get more training points. like a point a level, or lots more quest giving them. Having virtually all the spell in the game cast able makes little difference in balance. Then you could do away with treasure card and that part of the deck.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Orca wrote:
It sort of sounds like your telling them how to make there game.

for the record i am not telling them how to make their game. i am trying to improve on it. It is quite frustraiting to have to learn each spell one by one till i get the spell i want i would prefer to have to spend more training points than to have to learn each spell so i just thought of a way that they could do it and make it fair to everyone