Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

doesn't saying or hearing "..." get annoying?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
doesn't saying or hearing "..." get annoying? I mean really if you die they say "..." if you sheild someone they say "..." if you say i need mana or healing they say "..."

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
you must be a menu chat player like me that's not what they're saying it's just what we're seeing menu chat players can't understand what people say in text chat which i really think should be changed so that we could respond in menu chat when they talk in text chat

Survivor
May 29, 2010
its just because you are a menu chatter. its not that they are doing that on purpose its just that they are talking in text chat.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
No, they have TEXT chat. The reason they are seeing "..." is because they don't have OPEN chat. There is a big difference. Menu chat can't see any text at all or even "...". All they can see is the stuff from the menu chat.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Hello there,

I was once one without text or or open chat. I found out that if you go to your account page, you can change your information so that you can get text chat. (You need to be at least 13 or older for text chat, but some people just make their birthday say that)

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 58 Balance

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
This does not only happen to menu chat people. People with text chat see "..." when people with open chat say something like a number.

Yes it can annoying but, it is part of chat system. Having open chat eliminates most of that.

Megan

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
maybe you should get text chat and see what they say. i dont care if thats all menus see i not gonna wastye time looking for the rite thing to say

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
maybe you should get text chat and see what they say. i dont care if thats all menus see i not gonna wastye time looking for the rite thing to say
well then your probably not gonna have very many menu chat player friends i'm level 60 and i have menu chat so i'm pretty sure most people would want my help and i won't even know if they want help and have text chat and keep talking in it

Explorer
May 13, 2010
My question, is "..." your way to say noob without saying this word and is that what whitefire meant not so much that "..." is all that is being seen. If so yes I agree it does but, what can you do besides realize they are making a personal statment about their rudeness and mentallity not yours

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
joey110498 wrote:
well then your probably not gonna have very many menu chat player friends i'm level 60 and i have menu chat so i'm pretty sure most people would want my help and i won't even know if they want help and have text chat and keep talking in it

i deleted every menu player on my list

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
devilscum wrote:
My question, is "..." your way to say noob without saying this word and is that what whitefire meant not so much that "..." is all that is being seen. If so yes I agree it does but, what can you do besides realize they are making a personal statment about their rudeness and mentallity not yours

dude its called menu chat players cant see what text chat players say

Explorer
May 13, 2010
devilscum wrote:

Dude, I know how the system works my question was to whitefire as stated above was because that was what went through my mind first time i read it and since there was no reply from whitefire to any of the posts I thought I might as well ask. If the case was as I stated in my question then we are all posting answers that do not fit the question. :(

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
devilscum wrote:

Text chat players also see"..." when we open chat people say something that is not in the text chat dictionary.