Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is unbeatable!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I arrive at Celestia and I'm in the grotto now, but even with friends, is impossible. I can't get any power pips even I have 40% of chance of getting it. Only helping others in weak battles I get a bunch of 'em, but why? Against weak monsters doesn't help, and I can't even solo a crustacien Pincer! Just because I don't have power pips. This actually made the game unplayable for me. Plz help! I need to advance!

Delver
May 26, 2009
40% sounds like your base power pip chance. I suggest getting an athame and ring that gives you health/mana and at least a 10% power pip chance each(The Gurtok items from Malistaire's dungeon are the best for this). Depending on what school you are, your clothing can also bring up your power pip stats (I know that balance, death, and life has this ability).

Hope this helps! :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
dude the fact that you have a 40 chance of power pips is very sad for celestia. get something that gives you more and you might stand a chance

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I would suggesr going back and doing the final Battle series in DS a few times. Getting the items from your school from those battles will make for a stronger character in CL.

On the other hand, CL does 'seem' to get easier as you go...I say this as it feels easier, it isn't really, but you get used to it and how to change your play style.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
I have a similar problem but I have 60% Power Pip chance. I don't know why I don't get Power Pips often, because I have more than half a chance.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Saw this one coming. Before Celestia and with Malistaire defeated, everyone had time to around and get the best equipment.

You need your Grand Gear, the items that can only be obtained from battles with very certain bosses. The elephant bosses on either side of the elevator in the Great Spyre, Gurtok?, one Fire, one Ice, one gives rings the other athames. The gear they drop will say No Auction at the bottom. Save one of each school in case you want to train another wizard some other day. Then others are all over Dragonsypre. Some of the bosses are Kraysys, Viktor Snowcrusher, and Malistaire. Gravelbeard is unique in that he drops all of the items. Some drop pets. Search the net, this is already getting to be much of a spoiler.

When Celestia opened up, the gear obtained was both No Auction and No Trade. No Trade means you can't put them in the Shared Bank. People majorly complained. So instead of just getting rid of No Trade, KI also go rid of No Auction, so a simple trip to the Bazaar can get you the best gear. (Will, in my opinion the crafted gear is better, but each to their own). In my opinion KI went too far, it lost its challenge.

That or just go to Krokotopia and get the amulet that gives you three -85% storm shields for like 500 gold, thin out your deck, and play the cards wisely, then just try to stumble your way to the level 56 gear. Neither of my characters has any "Grand Gear" on, but I did save them, it took so long to get.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
dude the fact that you have a 40 chance of power pips is very sad for celestia. get something that gives you more and you might stand a chance

Why do you always post something that would end up enraging other people?

But on topic, it seems your gear you wear does not give high power pip chance.