Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In PvP there should be no warnings on dispels

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Dispels and even beguile are totally unfair in PvP as they now stand as their effectiveness is way different whether your side goes first compared to last. Those that go first always knows when dispels and beguiles are on them and can avoid their effects. There are three solutions to this, the first is to remove them from PvP entirely (I support this solution to dispels as they tend to prevent larger spells from ever being cast if up against anyone good), the second solution would be to not show any card being cast or curse being placed upon the player being cast or any other sort of warning when dispels and beguiles are cast in PvP (this means if your side goes second the side that goes first doesn't know your side used either a dispel or beguile as all they see is a player passing and even if they did think such a card were played they likely wouldn't know upon whom), the third solution to this situation would be to make all dispels and beguiles whether casted from either side to be the very first cards played during a full round of play (this means if you are on the side that goes second and cast a dispel or a beguile it would go on the side that goes first before they get to play their cards for that turn). I'd be okay with any of these solutions.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
There is already a solution for this. You go to Diego and select train and then learn Cloak. Any spell enchanted with cloak will show up to the opposing player(s) as a '?'.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Dispels and even beguile are totally unfair in PvP as they now stand as their effectiveness is way different whether your side goes first compared to last. Those that go first always knows when dispels and beguiles are on them and can avoid their effects. There are three solutions to this, the first is to remove them from PvP entirely (I support this solution to dispels as they tend to prevent larger spells from ever being cast if up against anyone good), the second solution would be to not show any card being cast or curse being placed upon the player being cast or any other sort of warning when dispels and beguiles are cast in PvP (this means if your side goes second the side that goes first doesn't know your side used either a dispel or beguile as all they see is a player passing and even if they did think such a card were played they likely wouldn't know upon whom), the third solution to this situation would be to make all dispels and beguiles whether casted from either side to be the very first cards played during a full round of play (this means if you are on the side that goes second and cast a dispel or a beguile it would go on the side that goes first before they get to play their cards for that turn). I'd be okay with any of these solutions.

Seasnake, it is called cloak! Ever hear of it? You can learn it from diego

Wow dude, do some homework before you start complaining again, ok?

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
This issue really has nothing to do with dispells.

Again we come down to that KI has not found a way yet to solve the issue of going first. Doesn't really matter much with the spells. Atm a good high ranked fire, myth or ice wizard will never lose going first facing an opponent of equal or lesser skill.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
cloak fails miserably to address the situation of going last as opposed to first, first off you have to learn cloak and it takes a huge amount of space in your deck if you even get the card when you need it and then when you do everyone knows that a cloaked card has been used against them and can pretty much guess along the lines of what that card might be... cloak is highly inefficient even if you auto cloak both beguile and dispels in pvp play which is still a bit better than what the situation currently is

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
wow now it is beguil what is next fire elf hurts me to much it not fair that it takes so long to lvl ups pet get over it dude if you dont like dont pklay you would make this a lot better if you stoped with the complaining about every little thing and get on with life and learn some strtagy and make about 1million people more happy who do not have to read this stuff you put up so stop for the sake of happiness

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Mordikay wrote:
This issue really has nothing to do with dispells.

Again we come down to that KI has not found a way yet to solve the issue of going first. Doesn't really matter much with the spells. Atm a good high ranked fire, myth or ice wizard will never lose going first facing an opponent of equal or lesser skill.

Yes it comes down to the issue of who goes first and who goes last but the largest advantage of going first over last in terms of what could be considered unfair and uneven play is the side that goes first is able to dispel and beguile the team that goes last effectively to the point that the team that goes last can't really do anything and always loses pips or always have to rely on low pip cards cause their larger pip cards are always going to be messed up. The team that goes first knows the negatives that are upon it unless cloaks are used and even then they know that a cloaked card is upon them and then whoever casted the cloak had to make treasures for it or spend a point learning it and then had to toss cloaks into their deck and actually draw it in time to use which really can mess up one's deck. The use of cloak hardly does much in terms of handling this imbalance of play. The removal of dispels from PvP would do a lot, the removal of beguile would also and even though that sounds harsh it was very harsh to destroy storm's wild bolt card and yet it was done.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Zeon96 wrote:
wow now it is beguil what is next fire elf hurts me to much it not fair that it takes so long to lvl ups pet get over it dude if you dont like dont pklay you would make this a lot better if you stoped with the complaining about every little thing and get on with life and learn some strtagy and make about 1million people more happy who do not have to read this stuff you put up so stop for the sake of happiness

How is this reply even allowed to get posted? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and is a player jibe.

Anyway, if Zeon had actually read anything that was written he would have seen that the post was about making beguile and dispels work equally as well whether a side went first or last and was not about removing them (though I am always in favor of removing dispels from the game and beguile from PvP).

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:

seasnake i no you have a storm so is that why u never complain about storm? dispels (except the balance dispel) and beguile are TOTALLY fair! STOP YOUR COMPLAINS SEASNAKE!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Zeon96 wrote:

How is this reply even allowed to get posted? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and is a player jibe.

Anyway, if Zeon had actually read anything that was written he would have seen that the post was about making beguile and dispels work equally as well whether a side went first or last and was not about removing them (though I am always in favor of removing dispels from the game and beguile from PvP).

seasanke how or why do your complains even make it onto these boards? u r the 1 thats mostly makin KI change every lil thing in pvp

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
yes, I have a storm and it was my main and favorite character to play, but with all the changes and additions my storm is by far my worst PvP character and the changes to wild bolt made even made it quite a bit less fun to play in the actual game

as to making Wizard101 change every little thing, they obviously have never listened to me as I have yet to see them do anything positive for storm while making the class comparitively weaker and weaker in PvP play (it used to play at or close to the top, now it plays at the bottom)