Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

SPECIAL Gryphon Mount Idea!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
When you purchase the Epic Bundle, you recieve many things, such as a Gryphon Mount. Sure it looks cool, but it's not anything extraordinary. To make players want the Bundle even more, why not make the Gryphon do something more? It has wings, right? So, why not make it fly? The Gryphon Mount can fly to any location that you have been to before. Consider the problem of Novices being able to visit Celestia and such. Just visit your now interactive map, and click a location. Consider whether you can visit dungeons, specific locations in an area (such as Fairegrounds), and the map including Worlds, as well. Who likes this idea?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
A while a ago, I used to play the pokemon video games. There was a move flying type pokemon could learn called fly. It could take them anywhere they desire as long they been there before. But that idea on wizard 101 does not really seem right. Just do not know why. Maybe if you want it to fly, I was thinking it would soar above the clouds looking down at where it wants to land .
Or it could just be a few feet off the ground.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
If the Gryphon was available to everyone, such as through the crown shop (yes, i know a lot of people don't have crowns - it is a theoretical "availability", meaning that you have the option of purchasing it), then it might be an idea. As it is, the Gryphon and Epic Game Bundle is limited to a fairly few people due to geography. And even those people can't always get the card in question...

If anything should be done more special about the Gryphon, perhaps a "mount mark" could be added, allowing you to, say, have a Mount Mark by the Bazaar and thus free up your personal mark to be used elsewhere.