Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why isn't our ice that strong?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
celestian ice mobs are hard hard hard to beat, even if you have four legendary wizards attacking them. their attacks are stronger than my storm wizards attack are. it is impossible to survive one round in a fight against them. they chain stun, even though ki "fixed" this problem, it still happens. most of the mobs get two more pips than we do unless they don't get a power pip. every single mob seems to have 100% power pips, they never fizzle. this is out of control hard. bosses starting with 12 pips (6 power pips). i swear the mobs on celestia can beat malistaire in one round.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Babydoll420 wrote:
celestian ice mobs are hard hard hard to beat, even if you have four legendary wizards attacking them. their attacks are stronger than my storm wizards attack are. it is impossible to survive one round in a fight against them. they chain stun, even though ki "fixed" this problem, it still happens. most of the mobs get two more pips than we do unless they don't get a power pip. every single mob seems to have 100% power pips, they never fizzle. this is out of control hard. bosses starting with 12 pips (6 power pips). i swear the mobs on celestia can beat malistaire in one round.

While I agree that the ice mobs in celestia are stupid hard in comparison to other mobs there, they are not casting spells stronger than storm. In fact, they are casting mostly mutated storm spells that do the same damage as storm, but often with ice blades which are a bigger boost. When you get stunned, you should get 4 stun blocks spinning around you which means you should have to get hit with a stun effect 4 more times before it will actually stun you again. They do use stun a lot (mostly after they have cast a big spell). My suggestion is to try to cast shields right away because if you can make it through round two, you've got a pretty good chance of survival against them.

As to the bosses with 6 power pips, I can really only think of a few that start with that many and most of them are an astral school so in reality, they are really only starting with 6 pips as power pips are useless to any mob from an astral school. Another suggestion when fighting ice mobs is to have an ice friend with a defensive deck loaded up with melt, frostbite, stun, shields and blizzard (mega taunt if they have learned it. regular taunt is almost useless). Have the ice hit them first thing with blizzard and then shield, shield, shield, until someone else on your team heals or attacks. Use frostbite to keep the tower shields off them (yes, I would advise against any use of traps, just blades only) and keep melting the big spells, stunning when you can, and shielding your friends. I think you get the picture.