Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to heckhound.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
After the Celestia update heckhound now shows 130 damage per round. And when i casted it i did 108 damage on the first turn that it hit. Is this a bug. And oh i have full grandmaster gear. Is this is what is supossed to happen.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I saw this too. I think they worded it wrong and it's supposed to be over three rounds. You have all the grandmaster gear so there was a boost.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
HPHARRYPOTTER11 wrote:
I saw this too. I think they worded it wrong and it's supposed to be over three rounds. You have all the grandmaster gear so there was a boost.

No i mean the 130 damage. worded it wrong.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I can't go in-world to check this at the moment, but I do know that the spell you learn is a DoT (damage over time) spell. The original spell was 120 damage PER PIP spread over three rounds. If you are wearing any gear that boosts your fire damage or used any traps or blades, that will also add to the base damage.

So if you cast heckhound when you had 2 regular pips or 1 power pip, that would give:

base damage: 260
boost of 25%: 65 (either through your gear or by using a fire trap)
total damage: 325 (split over 3 rounds, that's 108 damage per round)

I hadn't noticed that it was changed from 120 per pip to 130 per pip though. I rarely use heckhound anymore.