Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The problem with the pet system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008

Deonic is back, here to make changes to the pet system. I do enjoy having a pet that helps me in battle with their health/mana boosts, card castings, plus pp chance, but the problem is: you barely ever get the good stats. Most of the time you get stats that up the pets max strength or will or agility. Which once you fill out you are supposed to get the good stats, but no just more increasing. The solution? Easy, here's what to do. Create a machine or a cpu, or have Dr. Purreau handle pets to gain different stats. Taking a page from Friendly Necromancer, buy back your pets stats(instead of going back to baby) with crowns and then a system can randomly choose some new stat. Maybe throw in some extra crowns to have a better chance of getting ultra rare stats. That way instead of hatching a new pet and training all over again, you can simply go to the Pet Pavilion toss in some crowns and get new and better stats. Also, decrease the cost of pet energy refill to 100 crowns trust me, more people will use it. One more thing, decrease the hatching cost to at least 10,000 gold lower. Make these changes, and the Pet Pavilion will be booming with pet trainers.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Deonic wrote:
the problem is: you barely ever get the good stats. Most of the time you get stats that up the pets max strength or will or agility.

For 1st gen pets, it depends on the pet type.
Low-pedigree pets have an active to passive Talent ratio of 4:6.
So, yes, it is more likely for passive Talents to manifest.
High-pedigree pets, like the L-48 pets, have a ratio of 6:4.
The Celestia pets at worst are 8:2. The worst manifestation possible is two passive Talents.

That way instead of hatching a new pet and training all over again, you can simply go to the Pet Pavilion toss in some crowns and get new and better stats.
The whole point of the system is to have players Hatch a new pet and train all over again. They are not going to create a method to completely bypass that - even for crowns.

Also, decrease the cost of pet energy refill to 100 crowns trust me, more people will use it.
They don't want more people to use it.
That's why the cost is as high as it is.

One more thing, decrease the hatching cost to at least 10,000 gold lower.
They are reducing Hatch price by 25% soon.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009