Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are giftcards unfair to international players

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
So I'm trying to find this new and elusive Gamestop 40 dollar gift card at my local store in Canada and as it turns out KI does not offer this extremely cool idea to it's canadian and international players. As a buisness I think this is a very risky thing to do which makes me wonder

A) I've spent nearly 1500$ on my credit card (enough REAL money for 30 cards) and am ready to quit the game, Is Kingsisle ready to lose my money?

B) Do others feel the same as me? being an international game this seems highly unfair and have i kinda been slapped in the face with this.

Looking for another online game as we speak because I can see a trend developping here which is sad because this game has become apart of me. I feel betrayed in a sence. Anyone else feel this way?

Administrator
We have addressed this right on our Gift Cards page, young Wizard.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Our Gift Cards are distributed through a company called InComm that only offers distribution in the USA, New Zealand and Australia. At this time, we are unable to offer Gift Cards in other countries, but offer our players the alternative to purchase Gift Certificates on our website. For more information on Gift Certificates, please visit https://www.wizard101.com/giftcertificate

We'd love to be able to offer these cards to everyone, however our distributor does not offer it.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
They need a new distributor lol I'm in New York and I can't find this card anywhere. I've checked every GameStop in town; NOTHING. To be honest it doesn't give you much of an advantage, just a cool mount and castle.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Does the link get me any of the perks you offer your american players when they get one from one of your sponsered compaines? When I click on that link I can buy crowns or a subscription (big surprise) and says nothing about the gamestop giftcard I am looking for! thanks for the reply greyrose but it's not worth much to me or this discussion.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Why not offer them through the site? Could this not open up a large cash door for KI and make it fair to players outside the reach of your distributors? If I ran things keeping paying players would be top priority and excluding people is not the way to do it. Thanks for your time reading this.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Hey, how about you guys just get a few of those cards and sell em on eBay or something...Would that work, or is eBay not international...?

Come on Professors, get creative! lol

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hmmm maybe someone should buy a bunch of the game cards and sell them on ebay.... wonder if that would work....

ellie

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Maybe the answer to this would be to offer them here on the site? You won't get the actual card, but the bundle would run for the retail cost and everyone would have a shot at it.

A win for KI as well - no manufacturing costs, no middleman and I'll bet they would sell far more of them.