Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Orthrus Randomly casted a myth blade?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
ok, so i'm battling malistaire and all of the sudden, my orthrus skips malistaire's turn and casts a myth blade on me. is this normal?

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Where did this happen? On the Live Realm or Test Realm?

To answer you, yes, that's the nature of "May Cast" talents--the Pet will interrupt battle to perform a certain spell for its owner. Your Orthrus has the Talent "Mythblade," based on your description.

-KBB

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
How do you get that talent? Is it random or you get it at certain levels?

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
How do you get that talent? Is it random or you get it at certain levels?

It's something his pet manifested. All pets have talents - if you train your pet, you may have your pet cast something!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Consider yourself lucky.

I call a pet talent such as this either "may cast" or "out-of turn".

My Wraith does not have any such ability, nor does her son. (Funny a Wraith is female, uh?).

Imagine trying to convince some one who has a Wraith with the ability to cast Deathblade out-of-turn to hatch with one that does not. Why should the other person loose 42,000 gold for junk?

On the other hand, my Life character's Satyr will cast a Sprite out of turn, which in general is a nice feature, but for my Life character, will ruin any Guiding Light I was building up for a Rebirth; there is regular GL, amulet GL , and Treasure Card GL versions, they stack, one can make a massive heal if it is done right. So I hatched it with pet, got another Satyr, and did not train the offspring so I still could get the blue card version if I wanted.

The Satyr Pet is really a slap in the face compared to the other school pets. If the Lifer hatches with another school he may get a pet with a high pip spell he can't blade up well, but the other person has a chance at a pet that gives a 4-pip card that heals, and may heal out-of-turn. I have heard Balance wizards and witches complain about the Hydra pet too - seems they would have rather had the wicked 125 per pip Judgment card like the one that comes with the balance Malistaire coat.

Also the Death character got Storm Cat as a drop, after training got Storm Aura at teen. Supposedly this is a Storm Shield but I have yet to see it.

Again, consider yourself lucky.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
ic0517 wrote:

On the other hand, my Life character's Satyr will cast a Sprite out of turn, which in general is a nice feature, but for my Life character, will ruin any Guiding Light I was building up for a Rebirth; there is regular GL, amulet GL , and Treasure Card GL versions, they stack, one can make a massive heal if it is done right. So I hatched it with pet, got another Satyr, and did not train the offspring so I still could get the blue card version if I wanted.

Yes, Spritely does remove everything you listed, but it also removes Infection and Entangle.....which is great in PVP.

They are very lucky if the pet did cast the blade because I have yet to see any of my pets do it. We were told it was a bug and I have yet to see it fixed. After reading this last night I tested it on the TR and mine still didn't cast anything.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Yes, Spritely does remove everything you listed, but it also removes Infection and Entangle.....which is great in PVP.

Interesting, keep that one in mind.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
was this in test or live? because those talents don't work in live.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
I haven't seen or heard of them working in Test, either.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
These talents are very nice and I am amazed that your myth blade worked. As far as I know, and I have a lot of pets with these types of talents, Blades and Traps, still do not work.

Spritely and Auras do work.

Oh and btw, pets can have multiple may cast talents.
I have a pet that has storm aura, snow aura, and spritely.
trying to get it spell proof too, that would be great.

Anyhow, if anyone knows when and if the May cast blade/trap will be fixed, can you please let us know. I read in a post somewhere, that it was going to be fixed with the release of celestia, but I have not seen it work yet. But I did see spritely is updated and now casts 50 / 3x 100 VERY NICE

Anyway, if the Blade/trap talents will not be fixed, can you replace these talents with spell proof, spritely, or aura? instead of wasting our space.
Pretty Please!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Oh and btw, pets can have multiple may cast talents.

Another one of those sentences that packs a lot of info!

Thanks! I will now make a 'polluted' pet :-) , cross a Satyr with a Storm Cat and see what happens! Oh man, heals and shields against storm!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
Well, I have numerous epic pets and not one of them has an interrupt. I wonder if I am somehow doing something wrong. I have Satyrs, wanderers, hydras and even a greater imp. I can't understand if I have just extremely bad luck or if I am missing something!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL I think that Satyr has something like six children or grandchildren, with two of them for sure having Spritely. Also major score for my son's Ice, bought the Starfish, trained it and it got Spritely.

And someone else made a good point, when you get to the end of Celestia, you don't need Guiding Light! With Forest Lord, Life hits, and something needs to leave the deck if Forest Lord and Gargantuan and Empowerment enter the deck, and that something is Guiding Light.

I still want to go do a uber-heal using a Blue card Dryad, both of the crafted ring and athame, critical, and all four kinds of Guiding Light (regular, blue, treasure, and treasure with that weird symbol on it).

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Dear Austin IronSlinger,

This was probably just a bug. I guess you got lucky. :D

- Someone You Know

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
1233465 wrote:
ok, so i'm battling malistaire and all of the sudden, my orthrus skips malistaire's turn and casts a myth blade on me. is this normal?

Yes it is very much normal. My Wraith can give death blade at any given time. What is you pets age ( Baby, Teen, Adult, lol cant spell the fourth one, Epic?)

Austin ShadowHammer Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
This is totally normal. My storm character has a Storm Salamander, bought from bazaar before advanced pets came out. When advanced pets came out for some reason it was already a teen and it had the ability to cast a storm shield (May cast storm ward). It interrupts the battle and casts a storm shield on me much like your orthrus does except with a mythblade.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
My Helephant is the parent of seven! I havent trained them but they should have mixes from their other parents