Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea: Names for houses!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Well, I think you should be able to rename your house to a cool name at the dye shop. But instead of just selecting from a list, you can type stuff in with the text chat filter. I would name my house "The Frozen Palace of GreenLeaf" (because of of my characters is named greenleaf as last name)

Anyways, what would you call your house?
Do you think this is a good idea?

And also, KI, please add this in or something like this. :D 8)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Your idea would be a nightmare to program, and there would need to be space limitations on the number of letters. It would be easier if they allowed a list of house name combinations similar in structure to the wizard-naming process they have. Even so, this would still be a time-consuming task to program, and KingsIsle is probably busy enough as it is keeping up with Celestia development and take care of other issues as they arise.

The other problem in programming names in for houses is that it would invite others to want the same thing for equipment, pets, etc. A line has to be drawn somewhere, so it's unlikely that houses, pets, equuipment, etc. are going to get customized names in the near future.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
colagada wrote:
Your idea would be a nightmare to program, and there would need to be space limitations on the number of letters. It would be easier if they allowed a list of house name combinations similar in structure to the wizard-naming process they have. Even so, this would still be a time-consuming task to program, and KingsIsle is probably busy enough as it is keeping up with Celestia development and take care of other issues as they arise.

The other problem in programming names in for houses is that it would invite others to want the same thing for equipment, pets, etc. A line has to be drawn somewhere, so it's unlikely that houses, pets, equuipment, etc. are going to get customized names in the near future.

Yes, you are right. Maybe they SHOULD just do the person/pet names, but like instead of lord, or sir, ect, they should do after the name: bastion, castle, house, mansion, cottage, ect ect ect. also, i should have added that they should work on this AFTER they finish celestia and the other stuff they are already working on.