Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about training points...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
Is there any benefit to holding onto your early training points, rather than using them on a secondary school of magic? I'm currently a level 5 Necromancer, and was thinking of Myth as a secondary. Though I read somewhere about saving your training points for later.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Lenora Hex

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You'll want to research and figure out what spells you want to get. The advantage to saving your points is that when you do decide what spells you want, the points will be available to use. If you spend your points haphazardly, and you decide later that you want something else, you'll have to go to Mr. Lincoln and pay Crowns to buy the points back for re-use.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Mielikki wrote:
Is there any benefit to holding onto your early training points, rather than using them on a secondary school of magic? I'm currently a level 5 Necromancer, and was thinking of Myth as a secondary. Though I read somewhere about saving your training points for later.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Lenora Hex

I don't think there's any benefit. You should use them, they'll help you out later. And I recommend using it on one school, but that's up to you. And you could always purchase spells fro secret trainers, if you want to save some for that.

Defender
May 31, 2010

Lenora ,
I think most folks suggest waiting so you don't have to purchase back those training points later if you change your mind. I bought back my training points twice with my first wizard. It can be expensive. When I first started the game , I thought those trees in Ravenwood were the only spells I could learn in the game. Later I realized about spell trainers , some hidden , and the other trees I could learn spells from. Not to mention as you quest your wizard , you will be given some free spells from your school that are not listed in your school. Making some spells from other schools kinda obsolete in your deck. If you have the ability , yeah , I would wait until you find all the spell trainers.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010

Thanks for all the kind replies. In particular are there any secret death trainers? The Death school is gone, there is no tree and just the one wizard who teaches those spells.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Mielikki wrote:

Thanks for all the kind replies. In particular are there any secret death trainers? The Death school is gone, there is no tree and just the one wizard who teaches those spells.

The death school is through the waterfall in the commons of Wizard City.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Oh, but there is a tree! And a substitute teacher. You'll meet him later.

~~Morgan Ravenheart, level 20 Necromancer