Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't we look up a persons name?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
I'm trying to find my friend Katie NightHunter in the game but it's too big to find her. Why can't we add friends just by looking up their name? And if we can how do I do that?

Names in Wizard101 are not unique.

One trip to the commons of a full Realm will reveal dozens of Taylor Swifts and Luke Skywalkers.

When you meet someone you like, you can add them to your own Friends List. Just click on the player in the game, or their name in the chat window and send them a Friend Request.
If they want to be your friend, they will confirm.
Many players have 'Accept Friend Requests' turned off, so you may want to ask in chat first.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:

One trip to the commons of a full Realm will reveal dozens of Taylor Swifts and Luke Skywalkers.

When you meet someone you like, you can add them to your own Friends List. Just click on the player in the game, or their name in the chat window and send them a Friend Request.
Many players have 'Accept Friend Requests' turned off, so you may want to ask in chat first.
don't forget jack frost and patrick star

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

lolol im a luke skywalker..just look at my username

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
starwarsguy765 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

It just says starwarsguy765. For I know, you could be Darth Vader! Or Yoda! Or, Yoda, you could be!

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Merlin253 wrote:
starwarsguy765 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

It just says starwarsguy765. For I know, you could be Darth Vader! Or Yoda! Or, Yoda, you could be!
dude all out darth vader

Defender
May 30, 2009
6Bloody6Alice6 wrote:
I'm trying to find my friend Katie NightHunter in the game but it's too big to find her. Why can't we add friends just by looking up their name? And if we can how do I do that?

I'm pretty sure LOTS of stalking and harassment would occur if that happened. Imagine if you just deleted someone from your friend's list who was bothering you and then they were able to simply look up your name and find you? Ick.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I agree with your idea. I accidentally pressed the Ignore Button while looking at my friend's stats. I want to look up his name again, this is a great idea 6Bloody6Alice6. :D

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
you should go to a realm where there is not a lot of people and meet in a specific place.