Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any plans to include dedicated servers?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
After Celestia is done, does Kingsisle have any plans to include dedicated servers, console commands, and modding tools for Wizard101? As far as I know, there are no dedicated servers, console commands, or approved modding tools. I like to mod games and have experience with modding games like Fallout 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and other well known games. If you guys aren't, that's fine, but I'd really like dedicated servers.

Short answer is no.

We will not be opening up Wizard101 to unmoderated player created content.

Private servers or emulators will also not be an allowed, and you only need read this article
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/08/17/blizzard-sues-private-wow-server-operator/1
to understand that we will not tolerate emulators for Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I am at the beginning of DS and I can see the problem coming up, what do I do when I am done other than start another character, and customizing would be a way to go.

But I can see how that does not fit into the business model of KingsIsle, it supposed to be a family-oriented game with various restrictions to keep it safe for kids. That adults, such as I, enjoy playing it as well, is the icing on the cake, the bigger Christmas bonus, the Lexus instead of the Toyota.

And having customizable areas just opens a big can of worms.