Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

6 Ideas that will improve PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Okay, I've been thinking hard, looking over each and every flaw that PvP contains. PvP's fairness levels have dropped tremendously, and i feel as though the problems that were intended to be fixed still haven't been fixed. Here are six things that i think they should do:

1. Prevent Earthquake from taking stun blocks created from a stunning spell to prevent chain stunning.

2. Give the team going second one extra pip at the beginning of game because people who go second are always in trouble.

3. I know that the system expands when searching for opponents, and may even go to higher levels or ranks. So, why can't we be alerted before this happens. For example, "the system is about to expand into levels 45-50, would you like to continue or leave match?" That would give us fairness because i cannot take having to fight warlords.

4. Speed up stunblocks created from stun spells- i hate sitting forever waiting for each and every stunblock to appear on everyone, especially in 4v4. You sped up spirit blades, traps, elemental blades and traps, can't you speed up this? lol

5. change the points system- it's unfair how we lose more or less points depending on what happens. If you are low rank fighting warlord, make it lower than a regular match. This goes for ranked PvP.

6. And finally, increase the points gained for battle, and decreased points gained- everyone will agree that we don't want to downrank as fast as we rank up.

If you have anymore ideas please share them.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I agree with most of these. I think some of them were even originally from posts I've made in the past.

The point system isn't bad but the team that goes first should recieve a bit less for winning and the team that goes last should lose a bit less.

People should be able to sit where they want to at random sat tables and players should be able to create tables with level requirements on them just as they can in practice pvp. The matches can still be randomly matched but if the point was to disallow people from using multiple computers to sit all their characters on one side then that has already failed as players just create friends only tables to do that.

With these few changes your last few requests are fully taken care of and don't need further adjusting.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
MSS11 wrote:
Okay, I've been thinking hard, looking over each and every flaw that PvP contains. PvP's fairness levels have dropped tremendously, and i feel as though the problems that were intended to be fixed still haven't been fixed. Here are six things that i think they should do:

1. Prevent Earthquake from taking stun blocks created from a stunning spell to prevent chain stunning.

2. Give the team going second one extra pip at the beginning of game because people who go second are always in trouble.

3. I know that the system expands when searching for opponents, and may even go to higher levels or ranks. So, why can't we be alerted before this happens. For example, "the system is about to expand into levels 45-50, would you like to continue or leave match?" That would give us fairness because i cannot take having to fight warlords.

4. Speed up stunblocks created from stun spells- i hate sitting forever waiting for each and every stunblock to appear on everyone, especially in 4v4. You sped up spirit blades, traps, elemental blades and traps, can't you speed up this? lol

5. change the points system- it's unfair how we lose more or less points depending on what happens. If you are low rank fighting warlord, make it lower than a regular match. This goes for ranked PvP.

6. And finally, increase the points gained for battle, and decreased points gained- everyone will agree that we don't want to downrank as fast as we rank up.

If you have anymore ideas please share them.
I agree, but i think that the real season that myth people get rid of stun blocks with earthquake is becasue, they put like five on rly KI If i were myth and they only put one stun block on i wouldnt feel the need to earthquake, you could just have someone stun again.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
An extra pip? That is kinda something a lot of people would take abuse of. But I like your ideas. Just no the extra point, sorry.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Orca wrote:
An extra pip? That is kinda something a lot of people would take abuse of. But I like your ideas. Just no the extra point, sorry.

far less abuse than going first and always being able to see what negative effects the other team places on you before choosing your next card