Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do high level non-life wizards heal?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
So, I'm getting up there with my life wizard, and I've been pondering school combinations for a new wizard. I know that everyone gets the one healing spell from the seraph on Unicorn way, but what do non-life wizards do at higher levels? Is it just a matter of killing the enemies before they get you? I know there are necromancy spells that steal life, but it still seems like not enough.

Got any suggestions? :-D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
A few ways:Treasure cards, minion (maybe, i dont know on his one), or lfie as secondary

Delver
May 29, 2009
Some wizards will train up to sprite or satyr so they can heal themselves or others. Balance and Death have their own heal spells for themselves or others.

Death has the steal health (ghoul, vampire, wraith, and scarecrow) to heal themselves. They can also use sacrifice to give 700 health to another player.

Balance can use healing hands to give 540 health over three rounds to themselves, a minion, or another player.

Ice has high health and resistance to all schools so they are not in danger of dying too quickly. Plus they get ice armor which works like spirit armor only for themselves.

If worse comes to worse, some schools have the option of sacrificing their minions for health, as well.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I have 3 grands so far - Death, Storm and Myth. Death can heal itself with life steal so not much problem there, especially when you get scarecrow. Storm is powerful enough to usually defeat be for being defeated. Myth is a little more difficult and have to use pixie at times. I took life as a second school with myth to get to sprite which also helps. I also have a level 44 fire and have not had much problem staying alive with him either. Bottom line is that you need to keep the pixie in your deck just in case. There are also treasure cards that help as well, not to mention that some crown clothing gives dryad and some pets that you get with a gift card have healing spells. So as you can see, there are many ways to heal. Each school plays differently and you will learn the best way to play them to stay alive.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
narlethotep wrote:
So, I'm getting up there with my life wizard, and I've been pondering school combinations for a new wizard. I know that everyone gets the one healing spell from the seraph on Unicorn way, but what do non-life wizards do at higher levels? Is it just a matter of killing the enemies before they get you? I know there are necromancy spells that steal life, but it still seems like not enough.

Got any suggestions? :-D

Several schools have healing spells, such as balance with helping hands. I also find that getting a defender pig with dryad spell a nice add to my equipment-based spells...and you can also find satyr spells out there. On the other hand, I am a firm believer in spending points into life, but that is just me. Treasure spells can provide for healing also.

By the way, death's drain ability is in many ways better than a healing spell. With a well played wraith spell-combo'd with boosts, you can easily heal 1500+ (9 total pips, 6 for wraith, 1 each for feint, spirit blade & spirit trap, plus blade and trap and curse...assuming a 20% clothing boost is 3750 dam, and 1875 heal (more vs balance, life and death w/prism)...a 9 point dryad is 1800 before heal boosts, if used).

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
The common way non life wizards heal are through secondary schools, usually life.

Also, the sprite is given by that nice gal in the hedge place to everyone that completes the easy quest. Sry not good with names

The second common way is treasure cards that are bought at either bazaar, library, or given by a life wizard that has made them

Balance and death have a couple good healing spells. The cool thing with death is a shrewd wizard can attack and heal at the same time.

Oh, almost forgot, certain minions like the mander and cyclops are fairly good at keeping a wizard from going down too fast

Hope that helps

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
necromancers have a heal spell, it is called sacrifice. We smack ourselves with about 250 death damage, modified by blades, traps, and gear, then we heal the target for 700 hp. If we cast it on our selves we net 450 life. I have often cast it on myself. Currently sacrifice deals 278 to me, I try to offset this by wearing a troll's ear pendant, it has a spell that boosts healing spell you cast by 40%.
I have knocked myself out casting sacrifice, but I only take that risk if i am going to target myself. It is ok to knock yourself out if you cast sacrifice on yourself; the healing effect, after the damage effect, revives you. ( you still loose all pips and effects since you did get knocked out briefly)
I have played as other wizards, and I believe they use alot of shield spells and do indeed try to win efficiently. I am having an extreemly difficult time with my storm character.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
They might have life as a secondary or have a spell like sprite or satyr.

Laura Iceheart (Level 19 thaumaturge)
Nicole Jadesword (Level 19 sorcerer)

Delver
May 29, 2009
zebulous wrote:
necromancers have a heal spell, it is called sacrifice. We smack ourselves with about 250 death damage, modified by blades, traps, and gear, then we heal the target for 700 hp. If we cast it on our selves we net 450 life. I have often cast it on myself. Currently sacrifice deals 278 to me, I try to offset this by wearing a troll's ear pendant, it has a spell that boosts healing spell you cast by 40%.
I have knocked myself out casting sacrifice, but I only take that risk if i am going to target myself. It is ok to knock yourself out if you cast sacrifice on yourself; the healing effect, after the damage effect, revives you. ( you still loose all pips and effects since you did get knocked out briefly)
I have played as other wizards, and I believe they use alot of shield spells and do indeed try to win efficiently. I am having an extreemly difficult time with my storm character.

You can use your shield to absorb most of the attack from a Sacrifice or Empower spell without it costing a lot of your health.

Here is my strategy:

I usually wait until the last minute to put my blades up while I wait for my Wraith or Scarecrow cards to show up. If I need extra pips, then I will equip my Death shield which provide me with 80% resistance before using Empower. This makes the damage to me only around 100 instead of 500.

Same thing with Sacrifice. Make sure you have a shield before you use it. I have two death wizards on different accounts. One who chose life as a secondary and therefore gets the myth/death shield and the other who chose ice and gets tower. I will also use these shields to increase the absorption of the hit.

Another great thing about these two spells (Empower and Sacrifice) is that they are a handy way to get rid of weakness blades that are put on you. Just like any death, spirit, balance, or bladestorm blades would increase your damage, the weakness blade lowers it.

Currently I am using my storm/myth wizard who is fighting alongside my best friend's death wizard. She knows that I have low health and ALWAYS keeps sacrifice in her deck for me. I, on the other hand, will help her out (for helping me) by shielding her with the life/death shield I got from myth. I don't want her hurting herself too bad just to heal me.

Hope all this helps for you.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress
Destiny Shadowwraith Level 49 Necromancer
Brianna Mooncloud Level 49 Diviner
Tasha Spellwraith Level 33 Necromancer