Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

first or second

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
ok, well i am starting to get really mad. i have literally only gone first once out of my last 40 matches. its wrong, i am about to lose my warlord rank because i cant go first and EVERY time i attack, oh, here comes a treasure tower, oh whats this, i am trying to get rid of one of their shields, oh well they just feinted so i wasted that and now i have feint on me. oh well, guess they can just use a treasure wraith, get all their health back, and leave me with less than 100. great. very fair. id be fine with it if it wasnt losing most battles because of this. and how do people come up with all these shields against you? i mean really! if your in a warlord pvp, and you are going second, might as well flee, cause all your shields are a waste, everything you have is a waste. they see your last move and react to that. you see their second to last move and react to that. oh wait, second last move? oh ya thats where they went first and you had no idea what shields they were going to put up this time. i just want full gear, then, i am quitting pvp. i am unsubscribing. i am going to beat celestia, then quit playing the game for good. i dont like to leave things unfinished. but also, dont think that i am one of those bad pvpers that is complaining. no. i am VERY good. i got warlord in ONE day. now, i face treasure shielders. it has gotten out of hand when someone who hates bolt is using it because that is the only thing they CAN do. i discard all my attacks looking for poinson, then i have nothing left, and i cant wait for reshuffle, so i have to bolt. take out treasure shields and treasure bolts, also make a limit to what judge can do. if not KI, at least give death and ice some super strong spell. ya people will complain about that, but hey, they are the people who said that judge and bolt should stay because they are users that RELY on it. also, make feint death only. its getting crazy how all these grand warlords are going for a one hit kill, so they will treasure tower, then feint. ok, i can sometimes use sacrifice to get rid of it. what if my sacrifice doesnt come up? and what if since i almost always go second, they are attacking the next round and i have NOTHING that i can do about it. pvp isnt skill. its LUCK. and for those unlucky people out there like me, it is really discouraging. ok KI, make it to where every other pvp you go first, and after that you go second. ok well i know we would run into problems, but make SURE that no one is going 5 or 6 rounds always going second. that is how the people that are good at pvp lose.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, well i am starting to get really mad. i have literally only gone first once out of my last 40 matches. its wrong, i am about to lose my warlord rank because i cant go first and EVERY time i attack, oh, here comes a treasure tower, oh whats this, i am trying to get rid of one of their shields, oh well they just feinted so i wasted that and now i have feint on me. oh well, guess they can just use a treasure wraith, get all their health back, and leave me with less than 100. great. very fair. id be fine with it if it wasnt losing most battles because of this. and how do people come up with all these shields against you? i mean really! if your in a warlord pvp, and you are going second, might as well flee, cause all your shields are a waste, everything you have is a waste. they see your last move and react to that. you see their second to last move and react to that. oh wait, second last move? oh ya thats where they went first and you had no idea what shields they were going to put up this time. i just want full gear, then, i am quitting pvp. i am unsubscribing. i am going to beat celestia, then quit playing the game for good. i dont like to leave things unfinished. but also, dont think that i am one of those bad pvpers that is complaining. no. i am VERY good. i got warlord in ONE day. now, i face treasure shielders. it has gotten out of hand when someone who hates bolt is using it because that is the only thing they CAN do. i discard all my attacks looking for poinson, then i have nothing left, and i cant wait for reshuffle, so i have to bolt. take out treasure shields and treasure bolts, also make a limit to what judge can do. if not KI, at least give death and ice some super strong spell. ya people will complain about that, but hey, they are the people who said that judge and bolt should stay because they are users that RELY on it. also, make feint death only. its getting crazy how all these grand warlords are going for a one hit kill, so they will treasure tower, then feint. ok, i can sometimes use sacrifice to get rid of it. what if my sacrifice doesnt come up? and what if since i almost always go second, they are attacking the next round and i have NOTHING that i can do about it. pvp isnt skill. its LUCK. and for those unlucky people out there like me, it is really discouraging. ok KI, make it to where every other pvp you go first, and after that you go second. ok well i know we would run into problems, but make SURE that no one is going 5 or 6 rounds always going second. that is how the people that are good at pvp lose.

That would mean everyone goes first 1/40 of the time. Treasure shields can be popped with wands, same as usual. You can also put up shields. Also, I never use Judgment, but I don't want it to go. And you can use treasure cards too.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
erm, i dont fully comprehend everything that you said up there... little messy... lotz of run-on sentences... but heres some things that stick out to me. make strong spell for death and ice,(that is sellfish, illogical, pathetic, and would ruin the balance of the game) make feint death only,(once again, illogical. if you were to make one of the death spells death only, you would have to make one more from every school become signature. once again, the balance) and tired of the random player order.
we feel your pain. we all know how annoying it is. but what your doing here is comparable to a small child who wants a toy from the supermarket, but his parents arent going to get it for him. no matter how many strange threats he makes, no matter how many weird plots he comes with, no matter how many tears he sheds, hes not getting it. the young boy could lock himself in his room and have a pout,( or in your case unsubscribe) but that wont help anything, now would it?... ok, bad comparison.but you get the point.dont be an extremist. like i said, we understand your pain, its extremely frustrating when you have to go second, but there simply isnt any other way. SOMEBODY has to go second.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
First/Second does not matter. Double Blade yourself, cast a four-pip Treasure version damage spell from your school, then Feint them and attack again. Plenty of strategies out there, just takes time to develop them, and its different for everybody

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
The "going first" thing is probably the biggest and most important legitimate PvP concern out there. He stated he was a warlord, and I have a few warlords as well, so I know the impact of going first and always having more reaction time to previous rounds. Of all the things I'd like to see tweaked on the game, this is by far the greatest. I am not about to run a series of statistical tests, but there's no denying that consistently going first in a match gives you an overwhelming benefit over the other player. Just like the OP, I have also felt the sting of knowing that a tower or school shield was coming right before a big attack, and that he was getting a massive cushion to the blow based on nothing more than sheer luck and realizing the obvious.

I urge KI to address this as well, and have random "who goes first" statistics each round of a PvP fight.