Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim gives NO experience

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Anyone else notice that grizzleheim quests only give like 320 exp for likesome REALLY hard stuff (well i'm 42 in mirkholm keep so it is easy but...) i would still like a little more reward for my efforts. Agree? Disagree? even frostholm gives 300 exp!!!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
So just do GH after you have hit GM and can't earn experience for anything.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
I finished 2 parts of GH, and I haven't even made a level. I agree, the experience is lacking.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Khaemwese wrote:
I finished 2 parts of GH, and I haven't even made a level. I agree, the experience is lacking.

Well i did find one use, i needed like 240 exp to level and i did my quest there and i leveled to 43 but at my level i dont see why i even have to beat grizzleheim? greyrose? what point does doing grizzleheim have if you dont get any experience? i'll still beat it but...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I actually find GH very useful. You know when you are so close to the next lvl and you have the littlest bit to complete? Well, thats what I find GH useful for. You can get to that level by doing a simple grizzleheim quest instead of doing a big, annoying quest JUST to get that isty bitsy teeny weeny little speck of bar filled. And then when you reach Grandmaster, thats when you go hardcore. It gives you good stuff to sell and reasonable gold. Then you can save up for what you REALLY want in the game. Plus you just get to get it over with, and get that training point from zekerooo.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Keena Firefountain~ lvl 48 Master Pyromancer

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
I actually find GH very useful. You know when you are so close to the next lvl and you have the littlest bit to complete? Well, thats what I find GH useful for. You can get to that level by doing a simple grizzleheim quest instead of doing a big, annoying quest JUST to get that isty bitsy teeny weeny little speck of bar filled. And then when you reach Grandmaster, thats when you go hardcore. It gives you good stuff to sell and reasonable gold. Then you can save up for what you REALLY want in the game. Plus you just get to get it over with, and get that training point from zekerooo.

Uh huh. Neva thought of it that way :? :)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Me either...

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Me either...

Well i beat malistare ( at level 46) so i guess i have to do grizzleheim now.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
i so agree nidevillar gives only 440 experience and its harder that malistare its super hard it should give at least 5000 experience and ravenscar the bosses have like 8000 health and you get 90 experience for fighting munin :( :( :( :(

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I spent an hour this morning doing a quest in ravenscar - something about a winter cup.

I battled four ice mobs, one of which had around 6500 hit points. The other three each had 980.

Because I am a 46 balance wiz, I had a lot of healing spells and survived. My big deck was almost empty.

After all the time and effort, I got 90 exp. for the quest (plus a bit more for the mobs themselves).

This was really disappointing.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah Grizzleheim is pretty cool, i love the environment, but it's not worth the waste of time in lack of experience it gives. I have no plans of finishing Grizzleheim unless I absolutely have to of get super extremely bored. I would really really love to see more exp. added to Grizzleheim!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
fredfrog wrote:
Anyone else notice that grizzleheim quests only give like 320 exp for likesome REALLY hard stuff (well i'm 42 in mirkholm keep so it is easy but...) i would still like a little more reward for my efforts. Agree? Disagree? even frostholm gives 300 exp!!!

I noticed that, but what I also noticed is toward the end of GH you get some really awesome stuff. I beat Jotun (I think that's his name) and his three buddies with a friend (who let me port in) only twice and I got almost all of the grand swords. Two of one of them, even, which I sold and made a bundle off of it. :D

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
Grizzleheim is a good thing actually, except for the xp, it gives grandmasters something to do while waiting for celestia to come out, i am lvl 50 grandmaster storm and doing grizzleheim cause i beat malistair and got drake rider badge, so i am doing grizzleheim because i have nothing better to do so i do it, plus ravenscar is challenging because it is actually preparing you for celestia!!!! THINK ABOUT IT THAT WAY!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
it does not! give experience the highest it gets to is like 1200 from the dude in the north guard p.s add me i am alexander legend levle50 fire

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
:P first of all gh does give XP just to new bees it for like the new one but i do agree i think gh should have more XP it so small thats why i go to ds for my quest it so easy there

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I know but the way i make it useful is if i need like 700 experience then do like three or four guests and that levels you and you get something done in GH.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
fredfrog wrote:

i agree it is pretty hard .I think they should give at least 700 800 exp :-)

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
i've read posts about this before and apparently GH isn't meant to give massive amounts of XP, i can't remember why exactly but i still agree it needs at least 50% more (absolute minimum). I know it is an optional world and has nothing to do with the storyline of the game though. 8)

Anna Winterflame- lvl48 Balance
Belgrim Foebreaker- lvl 6 Death

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I agree!! GH is waaayy too hard to give such wussy amounts of xp. Not Fair!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Well it is a side-world, after all. I got maybe 2-4 levels from it. I went there on my own choice, and because I like the idea of the world. If you don't want to do the hard quests, then don't. It won't hurt you.

And, technically, it gives you little experience. If it gave you nothing, then it would be zero. (Not trying to be mean. I'm just kidding.)

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Grizzlehiem is a side world so it can't give much xp but the best thing about Grizzlehiem is that the plot is interesting and makes you want to learn more. Also there are cool pet and sword drops. 8)

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Ok...i understand all that but isn't the point of the game to level up and gain more experience and skills?? Come on!

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I like grizzleheim it is cool and but i just stopped working on it. I am on Vigrid Roughland and have to fight Lothin Doombringer or something like that. I think the quest only gave me 320 xp i mean come on. The battle dungeon is fairly easy im sure but why do it for only a little xp. I will do the quest if hopefully maybe an extra zero could be added to the number so that it would seem worth my time. I do agree doing it to lvl or when you reach grand.

Sloan Windthistle Lvl 49 Myth Conjurer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
GH gives no XP because it's a side world really. You only have to be lvl. 20 to go to GH, with the other worlds you have to beat the lower rank world to get there. GH is really just a place to explore. I guess Wizard 101 wanted to give you a chance to explore a world you only get to see when you are lvl. 5. That's why you don't get too much XP when you do quests there.
Ethan Iceblood lvl. 25 life wizard

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
ah, i laugh at this.

yes, not much xp is given, but notice the amount of gold you earn