Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
So, I do not understand why all of my cards are fizzeling. I am in the school of fire, and I use my fire cards, but it doesn't seem to work. I try and put the cursor in the middle of the opponents circle and that doesn't seem to do it either. Am I missing something? Please help!!!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Do you see your wizard trace the fire symbol and then it says fizzle?
I like to click on the monster itself, when casting offensive spells. I think you can also click on the monsters name tag at the top of the screen, you know the tag that shows it's name, life remaining, and pips it has.

personally I think the fire school has a low accuracy rate. Most of the fire spells have what 70 or 75% accuracy? that means your spells fail, or fizzle, about one out of four times! Of course you could get lucky; coin flips are fifty/fifty, but it is possible to flip heads a hundred times in a row. The reverse is also possible, sounds like you may have hit a streak of bad luck. If you want most of your spells to hit; make a new wizard and pick life, death, or balance as their main school, they have 90%, and 85% accuracy rates on their spells. I would warn you though fire deals more damage than those schools because it is less accurate!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Fire has the second lowest accuracy, so you will fizzle more often. It does get better.

Life - 90%
Death / Balance = 85%
Ice / Myth = 80%
Fire = 75%
Storm = 70%