Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full Control of Crowns Given to Parents

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I have played the game with my family for over a year now and seen many changes, but there has been one change that is so fantastic I had to share. I have met quite a few kids that play the game and often parents have been at the mercy of irresponsible kids. Kings Isle has made a very progressive change in the crown distribution that allows parents to buy a quantity amount and disburse over time amounts as the parent see fit. This puts full control of crowns back into the hands of parents. Very nice. Somebody at KI deserves a promotion!

Administrator
While I certainly can't take credit for it, thank you for your kind words, young Wizard.

Players can transfer purchased Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts.

To transfer Crowns:

• Log in to the Family Master Account, and purchase a block of Crowns, or use Crowns you already have on your Account.

• Go to your 'My Accounts' section of the website and you will see a list of your Family of Accounts.

• Click on the Transfer Button and you will be guided through transferring Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Gamma wrote:
While I certainly can't take credit for it, thank you for your kind words, young Wizard.

Players can transfer purchased Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts,

...snip...

Thank you for identifying this. I actually didn't realize that this could be done. I have one concern about a potential problem. Let me explain.

Last week, I purchased a gift certificate for my son. His account is a child account of his Mother's account. (we're divorced) So after my son logged in and redeemed his gift certificate from me, his Mother *could* have simply transferred all those crowns somewhere else. I was not aware of this.

This did not happen in my case, but I could see it happening. Perhaps there needs to be a mechanism in place where crowns redeemed by way of gift certificate on a CHILD account, can not be transferred OUT.

Something for you all to think about before it ends up being a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 (Journeyman Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 7 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
i dont get what happens to crowns when you give them to an account. would all of the players on the account get that many crowns or something?

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Players can transfer purchased Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts.

To transfer Crowns:

• Log in to the Family Master Account, and purchase a block of Crowns, or use Crowns you already have on your Account.

• Go to your 'My Accounts' section of the website and you will see a list of your Family of Accounts.

• Click on the Transfer Button and you will be guided through transferring Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts.

I must be missing something as I do not see a "transfer" button that will let me transfer crouwns to my daughters accounts.

Administrator
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
I like and use the parent/master account. This is a great feature for transferring crowns among the child/sub accounts. It is a very good way to control spending and teach responsibility.

Thank you KI

Swoody wrote:
i dont get what happens to crowns when you give them to an account. would all of the players on the account get that many crowns or something?

You are able to transfer any amount of crowns from one account to another account (other than those crowns that came when the account was started - either 101 or 75 crowns) which then can be used to open access to areas and buy items for your wizards. The crowns are for any wizard in the account to use and the amount will appear on the Character page (press c to open this page).

For example: With my parent/master account I bought 60,000 crowns and gave 10,000 crowns to one of the child/sub accounts. This left 50,000 crowns in the parent/master account. I am also able to transfer crowns out of the same child/sub account and put them elsewhere.

If you are paying by subscription, you can transfer crowns to the other accounts for purchasing special items that the other accounts would like to have. Crown items are not needed in order to complete this game. They just make it interesting and add to the fun (and expense).

If you have more than one account and you use crowns, this is an excellent way to move crowns from one of your accounts to another. At this time I have a number of child/sub accounts linked to the parent/master account for the purpose of transferring crowns. It makes life easier.

The link mentioned by Professor Greyrose provides more information and details on how to set this up.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)