Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Threat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I have this spell pacify and it reduces threat

but i have no idea what threat is or does could someone tell me

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Young wizard/person,those types of spells only work on bosses and creatures. That certain one makes it so they do not attack you as much.

Delver
May 31, 2009
those types of cards are for regular game play or to use on minions in PvP, and they only work if there is someone else for the bad guys to attack. I mainly use them when I am lowon health and don`t have any heal cards showing or if I have a minion for themto attack instead of me. These cards do not stop attacks they merely send them against someone else, at least the pacify does. Other cards like taunt draw attacks against the user, several types of minions use this card.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
In most games threat is gained by.
1. The first person the monster sees and goes after
2. The most damage done to him
3. the most healing done to someone else
4. Taunting

Those will make you the monsters target and he will go after you more so then anyone else.

With a spell like pacify if you are doing any of the above 4 it will allow you to lose his attention for a while until you start doing one of those 4 again .

Im not sure how the numbering is for this game. Usually Taunting then the most damage gains the most threat followed by healing. And the puller automatically has threat when the battle is started.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
deystroyer89 wrote:
I have this spell pacify and it reduces threat

but i have no idea what threat is or does could someone tell me

Have you noticed that the player in the first position gets attacked most? Then combat switches as someone else hits harder. The AIs are set up to determine who is the toughest foe....and to attack them.

We have two types of spells that affect this:
...Reduces) Causes the math the AI uses to determine that you are not as tough.
...Increase) Focuses the attention of the enemy more on yourself.

Most of the time the battle is too short for this to be really effective, but several minions use the 'increase' spell-type to help ease the pressure on their master.