Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no more treasure cards in ranked

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
the other day i was in ranked pvp against a balance guy who seemed he could use judgment. so he begane building up blades and traps and i assumed he was going to use judgment but before he reached max pips he began using a storm spell. well i could tell it was wild bolt because it fizzled so much, so i just keept hoping it would fizzle while i put up shields. finally it worked and still took out most of my health. this anoyed my a bit but i didnt say anything cause most people only cary one or to wild bolts but he keept trying while i managed to heal. but this brings up another point while i was a level 12 another level 12 started using minatour well you can tell who won from their.
i think that treasure cards should not be allowed in ranked pvp. i dont mind them being used in pratice pvp because that doesnt effect your rank, but ranked pvp should be based on skill alone and not on getting good treasure cards from high level friends.

Defender
May 24, 2009
I agree with you that ranked matches should be based on what you learned, even with training points. The problem is that many are going to complain that this isn't fair and all and that we have treasure cards for a reason, to use them. But if you think about it, people make treasure cards so they can assure there going to win. Is this fair or not? It depends on how you look at it. Either way no one actually uses real treasure cards they get from drops or any other way, they just make them. So should we battle with what we learned? I say yes but others would disagree with me :P

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i'd say put a lvl requirement on each treasure card depending on when you get it normally (in pvp only) such as wildbolt 30-35

Defender
May 09, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
i'd say put a lvl requirement on each treasure card depending on when you get it normally (in pvp only) such as wildbolt 30-35

i think your kind of missing my point

what i was saying was that ranked pvp should be based on spells you learned (yes this includes ones you learned from training points) and not from treasure cards you make or buy or get from a drop. and no this will not make treasure cards usless after all you can use them in monster battles and i said i would be fine for treasure cards in practice pvp.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
the other day i was in ranked pvp against a balance guy who seemed he could use judgment. so he begane building up blades and traps and i assumed he was going to use judgment but before he reached max pips he began using a storm spell. well i could tell it was wild bolt because it fizzled so much, so i just keept hoping it would fizzle while i put up shields. finally it worked and still took out most of my health. this anoyed my a bit but i didnt say anything cause most people only cary one or to wild bolts but he keept trying while i managed to heal. but this brings up another point while i was a level 12 another level 12 started using minatour well you can tell who won from their.
i think that treasure cards should not be allowed in ranked pvp. i dont mind them being used in pratice pvp because that doesnt effect your rank, but ranked pvp should be based on skill alone and not on getting good treasure cards from high level friends.
I agree but instead of getting rid of treausre cards in ranked pvp cold turkey, i think they should not use treausres that one school learns. (ex. like wild bolt is learned by storm only, so yeah. )

Helps with the wild bolt problem without getting rid of it completely.