Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Rank blues

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
I had a match last night that sums up my pvp experience of late...

After waiting just over an hour for a match up last night, I entered into a 1v1 against a Warlord of around 1100 rank. After taking Wild Bolt after Wild Bolt (six of them), I finally won the match. My reward for all this - ZERO points.

Alas, this happens quite often. Because of my rank (1800), match ups are hard to come by and my average wait is between 30 to 45 minutes. Every once in a while I will get matched up with someone higher than me, but usually I get matched against someone in the 1200 to 1400. As such, if I win, I usually get between 0 and 5 points, but if I lose I lose 25+.

So this is how things go. I win, I win, I win, I win - I get 10 points total. I lose, I lose big. Ugh.

I really wish there was some way that, after some point, a Warlord is a warlord is a warlord. After all, is there REALLY much of a difference between a Warlord at 1400 and one at 1800? If you're at 1500 and you get matched against a Warlord at 2000, do you really think you haven't a chance? Of course not!

If there was a way to treat all Warlords over a certain rank as equals, it would A> speed up match ups and cut down wait times, and B> eliminate the frustrating ZERO point situations.

I'd really love to hear what 1v1 players in the 2000+ rank have to say about this. I know there are probably loads out there - I just wish more would be on at the same time as me. I suspect that I'll have to start doing team pvp so I don't have to spend all my time in line, but I much prefer doing 1v1.

mlb

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Well, I'm not anywhere near 2,000 but I am in the four digits. There is a very noticeable difference between "border warlords" and those who are higher up in rating.

Maybe it's because I'm balance, but I pretty much took a rocket to warlord, going from private (start) to warlord in around 45-50 matches. Once I hit a thousand, I started running into stiffer competition. Granted, that's still low for warlord, I can see a skill plateau between people at 900 and people at 1200+.

Instead of treating a warlord like a warlord like a warlord, they probably should look into an additional rank in the 1200-1500 range. After about THAT time, there is less tapering off in skill.